Monday 6 May 2013

Thanks Goodness For Leftovers

What a day this has been.  No sleep again makes for a long day, however I somehow managed to make it a productive one.  First things first, of course, was our Aussies, then a cup of Java to jump start (or try to) my body into thinking it was awake.  I am still not sure it is yet.

Before I headed out the door to do errands downtown, like the Post Office, Bank and Drug Store, I made the bed, did last night dishes up (too tired last night), folded a couple of loads of laundry that had been placed neatly into baskets, and vacuumed.

It was yet another beautiful day that I didn't even need a jacket.  Those errands took me right up to the Lunch Hour by the time I got back home here.  Rob was home for lunch so it was make lunch x 2 today.  After that was cleaned up, I tackled washing the kitchen floor and cleaned the bathtub and toilet .. yech.

After all that was done we had to head back downtown to get a belt for the lawn tractor so the lawn could finish being cut.  The majority of the afternoon was me cutting the remainder of the front lawn and Rob getting the big roller on the ATV and rolling it.

It wasn't long before our day was pretty much ate up.  Exciting or what? always things that are in need of doing.  Around and around, and around we go.

What I did find interesting was some "tips" on using Vicks Rub last night.  There are all kinds of "tips" and "ideas" flying around Facebook at any given time.


Twelve Surprising Uses for Vicks VapoRub

1. Decongest Your Chest
The most common use of Vicks is to decongest your chest and throat area. When applied to the upper chest, it provides excellent relief of cough and congestion symptoms.

2. On Your Tootsies
Applying Vicks to your feet provides nighttime cough relief. Generously rub VapoRub all over your feet and cover them with socks. Your cough will subside.

3. Achy Breaky Muscles
Vicks relieves sore, overworked muscles. It increases circulation and provides almost instant aid. Use a generous portion and apply it over the aching area.

4. Get Rid of Nasty Nail Fungus
Rub VapoRub on your toenails if you suspect you have a fungus. Within days, the nail will turn dark—this means the Vicks is killing the fungus. As your toenail grows out, the dark part will grow off and you will have fungus-free feet. Keep applying the ointment over a period of two weeks to fully cleanse nail beds of any remaining bacteria.

5. Stop Your Cat from Scratching
To prevent Miss Kitty from ruining your doors, walls, and windows, apply a small amount of VapoRub to these areas. Cats detest the smell and will steer clear. Vicks can also be applied to your arms and legs if your kitty is prone to scratching you.

6. Pet Pee-Pee Deterrent
If your dog or cat is not yet potty trained, put an open bottle of Vicks on the area he or she likes to mark as their territory. The smell will discourage them from lifting their legs and wetting your rug.

7. Headaches Be Gone
Rub a small amount of Vicks VapoRub on your temples and forehead to help relieve headaches. The mentholated scent will release pressure in your head and instantly relieve pain.

8. Humidify Your Sleep
Vicks VapoRub can be used in special types of humidifiers and vaporizers. Ensure your humidifier has an aromatherapy compartment before using. The humidifier will circulate Vicks throughout the air and keep you breathing easy all night long.

9. Paper Cuts and Splinters
To prevent infection and speed up healing time, dab a small amount of Vicks on any small cut or splinter.

10. Ticks and Bugs
If you get bitten by a tick, apply Vicks immediately. The strong odor might help get the critter to release itself and stop bugging you.

11. Reek-free Racehorses
Professional racers smother VapoRub under the nostrils of racehorses on race day. The strong stench deters the stallions from the alluring odor of the female pony and keeps them focused on the race.

12. Go Away Mosquitoes
Apply small dabs of Vicks VapoRub to your skin and clothes and mosquitoes will steer clear. If you do get bitten, apply Vicks to the area and cover it with a Band-Aid to relieve itching.


I am not sure I can handle the Vicks smell, however I think I will be trying to see if a couple of these "tips" do work or not?

Should anyone like themselves a little puppy "fix" today, there is one just a *click* away HERE.

We are getting down to the nitty gritty with only 6 more days to Vote once every 24 hours ... YIKES !!!

Because of YOUR support and daily votes we are now at 820 Votes 40 more then yesterday.  We are averaging about 40 new daily votes.  Remember you can only vote once within a 24 hour period or the vote will not take.

Many thanks to ALL our friends who have also been sharing the link to their own personal Facebook pages, what a wonderful gesture on all your parts. 

Once again, please Vote daily for MY "Crabby Cabbie", until the 12th of May, here is the link:

https://www.loveourlocalbusiness.com/base/lolb2desktop?region_id=ca-en&content_id=20580

As always, and forever, Thank YOU !!!  from me and my ....

Serving Saugeen Shores & Area.  
Southampton:  519-373-7700 or Port Elgin:  519-379-7700

Before I sat down to do this post, I completed 75 Squats for Day 6 of the 30 Day Squat Challenge.  I can't say I did "diddly squat" today, this is for sure.  I am thankful for Leftovers as it just makes things a wee bit easier for me on busy days like these, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

6 comments:

  1. I have used that as a decongestant. It does help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow 75 squats is that another secret of Vicks? :) B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only recently heard about applying Vicks to the feet at night for a cough and it does work - must try some of the others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the Vicks and Miss Kitty idea. My lil' night hunter always wakes me up about 4am to get outside before the birds start chirping & if I'm not quick enough rolling out of bed... My bead board wall paper will pay the price. Hope it works! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to make fun of mom and her Vicks but now I am hooked. #861 today. Hope today reaches 1K!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those were some creative uses for Vicks. I have used it for years to minimize the ridges in my fingernails.I don't know how or why it works but it does. Have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...