Saturday 25 May 2013

A Rhubarb Puppy Day It Was

Shh .... daddy is sleeping.  Saturday mornings we always have to be quiet as Rob gets in early in the morning and needs his sleep to go back out late Saturday mornings.  It is usually "tip toe" Saturday mornings around here.

Once Rob was up and out the door at 9:30 am, I headed downtown Wiarton as I needed milk for the Rhubarb Muffins I was making today.

Winnie's Rhubarb Muffins from the Muffin Mania Cookbook


If you love Rhubarb, Tart and not sweet, then this is the muffin for you.  I will type out the recipe and post tomorrow should anyone be interested in it.  I had doubled the recipe and gotten ten Mammoth Muffins.

The Sun was out in full force, however it was still cool.  A perfect time to play a little ball with the girls.

A smell took precedence over the ball with lots of rolling on whatever it was.  I wonder if it is dead dew worms ... yech.


Mercedes absolutely kills me.  She does not put the ball in my hand, she lunges up on me with the ball, both paws and drops it.  Always a fun time with this girlie.


Rob came home for Dinner today.  While I was making Dinner, he brought wood in and put a new belt on the Lawn Tractor.  I also got him to help me give the Everything 8 their first dose of worming meds.

The faces they make are priceless.


Rob had used our recycling bin for wood, so it was little bit crowded in the basket.  Then they got put back in the pen one at a time after they each received their medication.  The two bottom photos are the 2 Black Tri and 1 Red Tri Males still seeking new Forever Homes.


The Everything 8 are really moving around quite a bit now when they are not sleeping... you can see that for yourself in the Video I took this afternoon by *clicking* HERE.

We had a wee bit of relaxation time before our Dinner was ready.

Bandit has no problem laying back and relaxing with us.


Finally Dinner was ready.  Foodland makes their own store Garlic Sausage, and it is a treat here once in awhile as we both love it.

Homemade Store Garlic Sausage .... oh yum.


I always steam sausage first in a bit of water, remove the lid for the water to evaporate, then let the sausage brown up nicely as it cooks in the pan.  Love us some Garlic Sausage.

I really did not get much of anything accomplished this day, as my back is still giving me some problem, however God willing there will be another day ahead of me, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

3 comments:

  1. Ouchers, hope your back soon clears up.
    Those babies are just SO SWEET. I could look at them all day.
    I used to love rhubarb muffins. The ones I made had a streusel topping......ummm, I can taste them yet.
    My rhubarb isn't growing very well in this cold weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make my mouth water right now...Can you send me some of these delicious muffins? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Though I'm not too fond of rhubarb, the idea of muffins sounds intriguing!

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...