Wednesday 22 May 2013

Set Back On The Squat Challenge

What a wet dreary day it has been here today.  This morning I got off the hook by not getting drenched to the skin, however this afternoon when I had the Aussies all out and about I can not say I was so lucky.  The jacket I had thought waterproof, proved not to be.

My morning was spent busy from 9:30 am on downtown on errands.  Rob and I did decide to join the Wiarton Chamber of Commerce, so that was a first stop to drop around our application.  Part of being a member includes being on the Wiarton Website, visitwiarton.ca.  

Check out The Crabby Cabbie HERE.  Really it is kind of cool seeing our Business up on a website.

I had also dropped around to the Tourist Information Office to check if they had enough of our Business Cards available there.  I had thought the office had been moved back to the Train Station building, however found it back at the new building on William Street.  A lovely building it is I might add.

Drop in to the Wiarton Tourist Information Centre to find out where lodgings, restaurants, main attractions, and shopping locations are in the area. Open Daily 7 Days a Week. Coming in on Hwy 6 South, turn right at the lights on William Street, just past the Foodland Store on the left hand side across from the Wiarton Library.


Really Wiarton is growing !  They even have their own Facebook page now.  Drop over to check it out and show your support by giving their page a LIKE by going HERE.

With all these new changes going on in and around Wiarton, I am pretty happy Rob and I have gotten on board with The Crabby Cabbie as a member with its Chamber.

Today I had received an invite to the following Event.  However since I am not yet a Senior, I hope it was not a hint. For anyone and everyone in the Bruce Grey Counties, Senior or otherwise, check out what is happening over in Owen Sound on the 12th of June.


77 Exhibitors!

We are thrilled to announce that Dinah Christie will assist with the Opening Ceremonies at 10:00 a.m. and then present the first seminar at 10:30 a.m.! 70 tickets will be given away to lucky callers during the month of May on 560 CFOS!

Sponsors for 2013 are the United Way Bruce Grey, Season's Retirement Community Owen Sound, Sun Life Financial, Owen Sound and Sound, Speech and Hearing in Owen Sound and Essential Wound Management. 

Seminars: 

10:30 a.m. Dinah Christie, herself.
"Please come and meet her. She needs all the help she can get."

12:00 noon - 1:00 p.m. Fraud Prevention with Mr. Ormond Carnegie, SeniorBuster, Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre

1:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. Drive Wise with the O.P.P

Entertainment featuring:
Murray Smith and Friends
Taoist Tai Chi demonstrations
Skarni
The Salvation Army Golden Agers Line Dancers
Bluewater Chorus of the Sweet Adelines
OSSIA: Owen Sound Singers in Accord
And we're thrilled to announce that Tyler and Linsey Beckett will be performing at noon!

10:00 AM OPENING CEREMONIES to 10:15 
Dinah Christie, Francesca Dobbyn, UW Executive Director and Bill Walker, MPP Bruce, Grey-Owen Sound 

Tentative Entertainment Schedule:
10:15 or 10:20 to 10:40 Murray Smith and Friends
10:40 to 11:00 Taoist Tai Chi
11:00 to 11:25 Murray Smith and Friends
11:30 to 11:55 OSSIA: Owen Sound Singers in Accord
12:00 to 12:20 Tyler and Linsey Beckett
12:20 to 12:45 Skarni
12:50 to 1:20 Salvation Army Goldenagers
1:25 to 1:45 TAOIST TAI CHI
1:50 to 2:15 Skarni
2:25 to 2:55 Bluewater Chorus of the Sweet Adelines
2:55 Closing remarks: Mayor Deborah Haswell and Donna Gorrie 

For more information
519 376 1560
seniorsfair@gmail.com

Exhibitors: all spots are currently filled but we are still accepting registrations on a waiting list in case any cancellations occur. 

If you're interested in helping out promoting this event in Grey and Bruce or being a volunteer on the day of the event, please let us know. 

This Seniors Fair certainly sounds like a packed day of information and fun.  The cost of FREE most certainly sounds pretty alluring in itself.

For those gals who are participating in the 30 Day Squat Challenge with me, I am afraid I have had to sit today out, and not sure what tomorrow will bring, as I have somehow pulled a muscle in my lower back which feels very swollen and painful at the moment.  Hopefully this will not set me back too many days, however I will not be able to complete the whole 30 days for obvious reasons.  

Dang, dang and triple dang. To bad for Jane, as she will have to pick up my slack by doing extra .... sorry Jane, the price you  have to pay when your Hydro goes out, (so a little birdie informed me), and you have no generator for backup.

I had picked up some Beef Short Ribs the other day.  Today I am trying the Kraft Slow Cooker Recipe I found HERE.


I will be posting photos and commenting on what Rob and I thought of the recipe tomorrow.  On that note I am off to prepare some potatoes and veggies to go with the ribs as it will soon be our Dinner time, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

6 comments:

  1. Sorry about your back! That's not good - take it easy and buy shares in Deep Cold. Maybe Mr Crabby will give you a massage tonight! Tell him I told you to.

    Good luck with those short ribs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your fault we had no power....you forgot to remind me to get a generator!!!
    I had to sit out the squats since Saturday (symptom flare up) but I'll go from where I left off once all is well again....can't let all that good work go to waste!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get your rest. Not sure if heat or cold is good for a back muscle ache...

    We've gotten some of the same rain, but fortunately mostly at other times than I've been outside.

    And that is a nice tourist building!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cindy~ I have say, What a beautiful place you live in...and so many things to do~ Sorry to hear about your back, darn those squats! Lynn~
    PS I love beef short ribs and the recipe looks great...I"ll check back tomorrow~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cindy...You should go with ice for the first few days, 20 mins. on and 40 mins. off - then later try heat. Hope you start to feel better soon....Bess

    ReplyDelete
  6. We don't really do a lot of ribs over here. Funny really as they look great! No rain here amazingly! x

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...