Wednesday 4 April 2012

Black Beans? Brownies, You Say?

Another "full" day here it was "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

Oh my, what is it going to be like by the times the puppies arrive, the chicks are to be picked up, when the veggie garden needs worked and planted, and the flower beds need weeded ???  ... and I think I am tired now?

Once the usuals of my morning were out of the way with myself and the "pack", then a much needed coffee (or two) were consumed, I decided to get at something that has been bugging me for weeks and weeks.  This task is one I had kept putting off more so because it is not one of my favorite things to do .... not that I don't know a good habit to practice is to do the things you don't like doing right off the bat, then on to the more enjoyable tasks at hand.

"I hate cleaning out the fridge, but it does need a good "take everything out" and get r' done from time to time."


"Everything gets taken out, washed or wiped down and dryed off."


"Believe, you, me, it took a good 1 1/2 hour to get inside and out looking this good."



"I had to file a few of Aiden's colouring pictures, however kept his most recent hanging up with the dual vehicles."


"I actually got around to changing the Lang Calendar over from March to April this morning too."


Let me tell you as much as I had been dreading the cleaning out of the fridge for weeks, I am so relieved it is DONE !!!  ... until the "dreaded" NEXT TIME !  LOL

With that all out of the way, Mercedes and I thought we would take a "boo" at what Rob had been working on this morning.

"It is all coming together.  I love the contrast of the paint and new carpet colours.  Rob got the carpet all cut in, leaving it to settle tonight before he stretches it out tomorrow.  ...and of course, who else in there with her "nosy nose" but little Missy Mercedes."


I had put Pork Rib in the Slow Cooker this morning, since I had the Fridge and other stuff on the go.  My Slow Cooker is Easy Peasy as 1-2-3, doing most all the work for me.


"Once the ribs had been cooking for 3 hours or so, I drained off the excess fat then smothered them in PC's Smokin' Stampede Beer & Chipolte Barbecue Sauce."


"It was a Dinner fit for my "Rob" !  LOL.  Not too fancy with the showcasing part of the picture today, as I was too tired to be bothered, so it was Natural, just the way it is around here."


I got Dinner all over with and cleaned up before I made a recipe I have been wanting to "try out" since last week.

"All mixed up and into the preheated 375*F Oven it went."


"Baked, cooled and served up for the "taste test" to be done by Rob."


It was a Winner !!!  and he wasn't even suspect to the ingredients that went into them.  This is be my new forever recipe ..... not only Easy Peasy as 1-2-3, it is another "keeper" !  No flour in this recipe, but there is...Black Beans !

Black Bean Brownies

Recipe Courtesy of Allrecipes.com
Prep Time: 10 Minutes Ready In: 40 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes Servings: 16

"These brownies are gluten-, dairy-, and soy free."

INGREDIENTS:
1 (15.5 ounce) can black beans, rinsed
and drained
3 eggs
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 pinch salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon instant coffee (optional)
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips (optional)
DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8x8 square baking dish.
2. Combine the black beans, eggs, oil, cocoa powder, salt, vanilla extract, sugar, and instant coffee in a blender; blend until smooth; pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top of the mixture.
3. Bake in the preheated oven until the top is dry and the edges start to pull away from the sides of the pan, about 30 minutes.

Nutrition
Information
Servings Per Recipe: 16
Calories: 126
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 5.3g
Cholesterol: 40mg
Sodium: 144mg
Amount Per Serving

NOTE:  I used a 19oz can of Black Beans, 2 tsp of vanilla, a heaping 1/4 cup of cocoa, and NO Chocolate chips.

So good and so moist.  You would never guess these brownies were made with Black Beans !

I was pleased to receive an email from FoodlinkGreyBruce today to let me know they had credited me with the photos of mine they used for the upcoming Open House this Friday the 6th of April at Dejong Acres Farm just a hop, skip and a jump away from Wiarton.  Please check out the following link to see what an fantastic day trip out to the Dejong Farm would make for you this Friday:


I am certain you would enjoy the hospitality extended to you by Anita and Brian Dejong, and their two girls, Rayleen and Nicole, not to mention seeing the new born lambs, how sweet that?

I am so happy to have found out about FoodlinkGreyBruce !  Produce, Buy and Eat LOCAL !!!  Love it, love it, love it, and will be happy to promote it anytime it happens my way !!!

I also got a chance to go down to the Wiarton Tim Hortons to have a coffee and bit of a visit with my first cousin, Suzanne today.  We also met up with a couple of other people I knew which was most pleasant as well.  A nice hour or so spent out and away from the house it was.

Another long but productive day it has been.  Tomorrow morning it is back to Thursday VON SMART exercise's Spring sessions before breaking just before Summer begins.  I am feeling pretty fatigued, with having experienced a fair bit of "Fibro Fog" today, so I best be getting some rest and calling it a night here, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing that when we know there are tasks to be done that we don't like doing we always find a way to put them off. LOL!

    Farmers Markets change tomorrow from the showground to St Clements Church Hall and grounds - a 5 minute walk from home - I'll be there with Denny and the camera. I've argued for a while now that the showground is too far away from the residential area and too hard for the older folk to get there. Hope the change is for good!

    I posted a really nice slow cooker chicken and vegetable recipe today. Worth a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kuddo's for getting the dreaded task done!! Mine this week is get caught back up on the filing, not a hard job but I just hate doing it. Your room is coming together so nicely, I know you are excited to see it done

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job on a fridge. I usually try to surface-clean mine every Monday, and then deep-clean about every other month or so. And I've heard of black bean brownies but never tried them before. Do they taste similar to real brownies?

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...