Monday 24 December 2012

The Night Before Christmas

I am so happy we had our Family Christmas with our boys this past weekend.  Last Christmas Day I had been sick with viral pneumonia.  Last night I didn't get off so easy either, as I had been up since 1 am sicker then a, excuse the pun, "a dog".  At 6:30 am, I also had heard from our son, Paul, who was also up all night with the same type of sickness.  I am praying it will run its course by tomorrow so I can have a great day spent with my Rob, on one of his "rare" days off.

This sickness is not life threatening so that in itself is a Blessing.  

"My "Crabby Cabbie" has a young boy and his Mother he drives on a regular basis.  How thoughtful were they when gifting him a card along with one of his favourite Gift Certificates ... a Tim Hortons GC !  Rob had picked the young man up a huge Candy Cane for his thoughtfulness."


Yesterday I had asked a couple of my readers if they would send me a couple of photos from their part of the World they live in.  I am pleased to be able to share these photos here ....

The following photos were taken in the interior of B.C. near Kamloops.  What an amazing Sunset  that is!  I love the snow in those trees surrounding the house.  Trees? look at those beautiful Cedar Waxwings.  Special thanks to my reader and friend for providing these wonderful photos."


"These photos were taken yesterday in Yass, Australia, with most having already celebrated their Christmas, being 16 hours ahead of us.  How cool is that?  The first photo is the Yass Court House, second the Australian Parliment House, third the Yass Solidiers Memorial Hall, and the fourth a view from my young friend, Nathan's, office building.  Doesn't look much like how we know Christmas usually with snow here, now does it?  Thank you Nathan, for the time you took to take and send me these photos is very much appreciated."


Nathan is the young man who my friend, John Daley, found as a Penpal for my young friend, Ashley.  We are all getting rather excited as Nathan will be arriving for a visit with us here on the Bruce Peninsula, in a short couple of days.  For some reason I think my reader audience might be increasing somewhat upon Nathan's arrival for those days I am hoping to visit with him myself.  *Smile*.

Just in case there are people out there that didn't know, I have to share what I myself just found out last Year.  Did you know Santa Clause was Canadian??? check it out.



My "Crabby Cabbie", and His "Not So Crabby" Wife,


and their "Checkerboard Aussies" ....


... from "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

6 comments:

  1. I hope it's nothing serious Cindy and you and Rob enjoy your day together tomorrow.

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel better soon!! Merry Christmas to you and that sweet man of yours

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do hope you are feeling better for Christmas Day. It is 5 p.m. on a very wet Christmas Day here in the north of New Zealand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Cindy... :( Take some Oil of Oergano, it may help! You're in my prayers, friend!! Merry Christmas to you & yours!!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hoping you feel better soon:)

    And have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my dear friend, I hope you feel better very soon. Merry Christmas to you and Rob!

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...