Wednesday 13 April 2011

The Wiarton Airport States It Will Be Yet Another Nice Day Out There On the Bruce !

I am pretty excited this morning we are to have yet another nice day!  Wow two in a row, how can you beat that.  I am sure we are just getting another teaser like last Saturday & it will go all down hill for a couple days after this.  As long as it isn't snow or freezing rain I am good with it, however I still would like a bit of warmth and sunshine inbetween any diverse weather.

There is a very very heavy frost this morning.  This should be all gone in no time once that sun comes out (I am counting on it to come out).

Today:

Sunny. High 13 except 8 along the lakeshore. UV index 6 or high.
 

Tonight:
Clear. Becoming cloudy periods after midnight. Low plus 1.


Bring on the sun !!!!

Yesterday I stripped, washed and hung out bedding, did a good chunk of grid in the walk-in basement, did a 1 mile walk with Leslie Sansone, made a dozen muffins, dishes, heated up leftovers for supper, made our bed back up, supper/dishes, played ball with Bandit & Lexus, had a bath, a little visit with a friend whom dropped by, and finally, hit the sack.

Now you would think after a day like that one would sleep like a log.....Mr. Insomnia has quite the attraction to me; I must be so irresistible to him as he made another 3:00 am date with me.  These middle years sure aren't what they are cut out to be that is for sure !  I certainly don't find Mr. Insomnia as irresistible as he finds me......

I felt so good getting part of the walk-in vacuumed and dusted.  Bandit & Lexus even enjoyed getting in my way while I was doing it.  I am sure hoping I will be able to tackle another 1/3 of it sometime today, and then the remaining 1/3 tomorrow.

Let me tell you how nice it was crawling into a bed with Spring fresh sheets on the bed.  With the wind it was still quite cool here yesterday, but between the sun and east wind everything dried up quite nicely.

I down right refuse to use my dryer anytime of the year if I absolutely don't have to.  I think I have used it twice this year, once when our son, Paul, was here, as he had to have his hoodie dried to go back home with; the second time when I really needed something dried within a certain time frame and couldn't leave it long enough on the downstairs lines for the woodstove heat to completely dry it.

I made my first recipe out of my new "Muffin Mania" cookbook yesterday !  I had some frozen zucchini in the freezer so it was easy to decide on the Zucchini Muffins.  This recipe is the moistest one I have ever made:

Zucchini Muffins (Muffin Mania Book)

2 c. all purpose flour
1 c. brown sugar
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
1/8 tsp. ginger
1/8 tsp. all spice
1/2 tsp. salt
2 c. grated zucchini
1 apple, peeled, cored and grated
1/2 c. chopped nuts
1 c. canola oil
2 tsp. vanilla

In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda and spices.

Stir in zucchini, apple and nuts.

In another bowl, beat eggs, oil and vanilla.

Stir into flour mixture until batter is just combined.

Spoon into well-greased muffin cups, filling to the top.

Bake at 350* F for 20 minutes.

**Yields - 14 large muffins

I didn't have all spice, so I omitted it; it made 12 large muffins as my muffin tins are quite large; I used paper muffin liners instead of greasing the tin.


There appears to be two missing....I suppose that darn Kitchen Cat really enjoyed them. by that grin on his face..lol.

Supper was a nice easy task for me last night, as I just reheated the leftover pork roast & gravy for a couple hours on low heat in the slow cooker.  I served it up with leftover fried potatoes.  I do love easy!

Onto the "The Magnificent Seven", which I am thinking will be changing very soon to "The Terrible Seven".  Going on 4 weeks old, these seven are getting more demanding of poor Lexus all the time.

I am thinking the weaning progress has begun.  I will making up some mush today to see what kind of results I get.  Oh how I remember the mess of weaning puppies.....they have mush from one end of themselves to the other sometime.  Surely this will be another picture taking event and comical event.

There are moments I could stand over the whelping pen and watch their antics for an hour at a time.  They are growling, biting and yipping each other now, and the way they position themselves in one big pile of little bodies all over each other is way too cute.  Very entertaining these puppies can be.

Here I am thinking, "what am I going to make for supper tonight".  Maybe Rob will put the new burner in the BBQ today, so he can cook us up something on that for supper.  Ummmm, I think that might be the plan, now what to cook on it is still the issue at hand.  I am sure between the two of us we will come up with something.

Life can be so complicated at times, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

No comments:

Post a Comment

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...