Sunday 17 April 2011

Tears One Morning; Tears Almost Two Mornings !!!

When I first go onto my computer on a typical morning before I "blog", I usually check my emails.  I was delighted yesterday morning to see my niece, Joanne, had sent me one, so it was the first to be opened and viewed.  The tears were flowing down my face:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hzgzim5m7oU

I couldn't imagine one not shedding a tear once watching this video.  The "Power of Words", it doesn't get much simpler then one to be so quiet, but able to speak so loud.

Then here I am getting up this morning, to look out the window with the sound of wind howling outside the windows and "snow" fluttering around in the air!!!  Now wouldn't that almost bring tears to anyone's eyes after the long Winter we just had?  LOL .....nothing too serious, but I must say the Wiarton Airport Weather was right on the money this time around.....I am almost fretful to see what the rest of the week will bring:




Today:







Flurries. Local amount 5 cm. Wind west 40 km/h gusting to 60. Temperature steady near plus 1.


Tonight:



Flurries ending this evening then cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries. Wind west 40 km/h gusting to 60 diminishing to 20 after midnight. Temperature steady near minus 2.


Ummm....5 cm that would be approximately 2 inches.  With the gusting wind there shouldn't even be a smidgen to shovel.  No big deal other then to keep the woodstove stoked up.

What a 'wonderful' Birthday Party my sister, Donna, had yesterday!  A houseful of people, lots of food, a beautiful cake, and most importantly "lots and lots of presents"!  LOL. 

Donna seemed to be having a "most wonderful" time.  She was enjoying her guests, the preparation and serving not being done by her, the fact there were no calories in the food being served (or so she had told me, lol), and the surprise of guests she never expected to be there (as she had also told me she had suspected a party in the making).

"I will keep my eyes closed, and they will never guess my true age"



This cake was made by Donna's daughter, Jodi's friend.  Amazing talent.


"....and the culprit that initiated the party."




What a fantastic way to spend one's 60th Birthday.  I am sure Donna had a very "Happy Birthday".  I will be talking to her later this week to find out how the party transpired after we regretfully had to leave, since we had a 2 1/2 hour trek back home.

Once we got to Donna & Wayne's home, I also got a Birthday Present from Donna, since she hadn't seen me prior to my Birthday.  My present was two fungi for a house planter and three "Brand New" Crock Pot recipe books (or almost new, as I am pretty sure she had told me a couple recipes had been copied before I got them, lol). 




Watch out Rob you will be on the "Guinea Pig" hit list big time with all these new recipes on hand !!!!

What a nice way to spend a day away.  We certainly all need one of those from time to time to break up the everyday humdrum of work, whether at home or away.  I certainly enjoyed having a "Day Away"....

I had best get on with my day, as people are coming to once again view "The Magnificent Seven" this morning.  Reality check here.....make bed (me), run a vacuum downstairs (Rob), bring wood in (Rob)....delegate, delegate, delegate....watch out Rob here I come!  LOL. 

Off and delegating "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard"........

No comments:

Post a Comment

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...