Friday 29 April 2011

Got to See "Coming Out of the Church" By the Time I Turned on the TV

By the time I got up out of bed, cleared the cobwebs from my head, made the coffee and turned the TV on I did get to watch the "Royal newly weds exit from the Church".  Kate's wedding dress is so "elegant" for words even to describe it......and the Prince?  Much better looking then his father !  A very nice looking couple, I wish them well, as I am sure so many others have also done.

Since I missed the whole "exchange vows" and "church service", CNN has a link to it's "Royal Wedding 2011" special at:

http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2011/royal.wedding/

I will pop in there later today to see any highlights of the Wedding I was unable to be awake for.  Can you imagine how many people watched this event?  I can't !!!  Too many for me to count on my fingers & toes how many times over, that is for sure ! 

In the health department at our house for the moment, so far so good.  I haven't heard any complaints yet from Rob, and he wasn't up and down from our bed all morning, like he had been yesterday morning.  Sleep and rest is two big key factors to feeling better, and Rob certainly has no problem with not getting enough of that.   Even though he might think he hasn't gotten enough at times, I beg to differ, lol.

It must have been the Homemade Turkey Vegetable Soup and Broccoli, Mushroom & Cheese Quiche I made for supper last night........yummy Turkey Veggie Soup, with homemade turkey stock, carrots, onions, mushrooms, yellow beans (out of the freezer from my garden), cauliflower, leftover turkey......



.....and the "quiche" recipe I used was:

Broccoli & Cheese Quiche
Ingredients:
·                        1 9-inch pie shell
·                        1 (10 oz) package frozen chopped broccoli, about 1 1/2 cups
·                        8 ounces fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
·                        1 cup milk
·                        3 eggs, beaten
·                        2 tablespoons margarine, melted
·                        1 tablespoon flour
·                        1 teaspoon salt
·                        1/2 to 1 tsp pepper
·                        1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
Preparation:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake pie crust about 10 minutes or until bottom is slightly brown. Let cool.

Cook broccoli until tender; drain well. Combine milk, eggs, margarine, flour, salt, pepper and 3/4 cup cheese; whisk until well blended.

Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup of cheese over crust. Layer broccoli and mushrooms on cheese. Pour milk and egg mixture over all.

Bake at 375° for 35 to 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.

4 to 6 servings.


Ooops....wrong picture.....that supper belongs to the "Magnificent Seven"....."Quiche" a la Puppy Food, nothing but the best for them !  LOL

Oh here it is........



This was a much better dish to serve along with Turkey soup rather then the previous picture?  Rob was obviously feeling much better by the time supper time rolled around last night, as he managed to have "two" pieces of "quiche" and rated it a Five Star meal !

When I make the quiche again, I will use a sharper cheddar cheese, and increase the amount by another 1/2 of cup.  Just a matter of personal preference.

I am looking for a name for my "Kitchen Cat", as the poor dear is nameless.  I posted this request on my Facebook page at the beginning of the week and only got four suggestions, being Chuckles, Lucky, Cookie and Percival.  I am leaning toward Percival, but really would like some more input, as this guy is so involved in my Kitchen.......should any of my "blog" readers have any other ideas, or like one of the four names already suggested, please let me know by email at :  rcroth@aol.com   I would really appreciate any and all suggestions. 

The nameless "Kitchen Cat":



I just love having this "guy" in my kitchen, as he never gets underfoot, never makes "nasty" comments, never gets upset when I have "screwed" something up, always has a smile......and the list just goes on and on and on.  He is just the "Perfect Kitchen Companion".

I am a "big" fan of Carrie Underwood, as she has such a beautiful voice and style about her.  I came across a video of her, which I really find uplifting.  She is performing the song, "How Great Thou Art".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhvaDJTUmrU

It was a real "blessing" this girl got her big break on American Idol, as she is one that really deserved winning.

Yesterday it rained here most of the day; it was raining "elephants & hippos" (it came down too heavy & too fast at times to be "cats & dogs").  Our drainage ditches in our fields are overflowing into the field behind the house, and the field beyond the ditch is now a lake.  This is Spring time after a "good" rain behind our house:



I must report the water has gone down a little bit this morning, so I am thinking Colpoy's Bay should be getting a "good" fillup these past month.  Okay already, tomorrow is the last day of April, let the "April Showers" be over with already and bring on the "May Flowers" !!!

Let's look see what the Wiarton Airport is bringing my way, weatherwise, today:



Today:







Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers this morning and early this afternoon. Clearing this afternoon. Wind northwest 20 km/h becoming light this afternoon. High 7.



Tonight:





Clear. Low zero

Holy crap!  "Zero" tonight!  I sure hope that doesn't mean flurries again.  Got my fingers and toes crossed that it doesn't!

Since I only did a few meager chores around the place yesterday, I really need to get my kitchen floor washed sometime today (inbetween puppy feedings & everything else), as it is going to get to the point of my feet sticking to it, and then I will never be able to leave my kitchen, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

No comments:

Post a Comment

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...