Saturday 19 May 2012

VT+ MW = "Crabby"


"What a glorious start to a beautiful day!"

 b

Believe it or not, I actually didn't get up and out of my bed until 6:00 am this morning, only being awake and up once at 2:30 am.  I must have fallen straight back to sleep, as I hadn't even heard my "Crabby Cabbie" come in just after 3:00 am.

"It appears this little girl has the :getting out of the whelping box" down to a science, as here she is again in with Mama."


"Someone else was patiently awaiting their breakfast."


By 9:00 pm I had everyone looked after, two cups of much needed Java into me, a load of laundry out on the line and my shower (which was also very much required) done with when I got a text from my friend, Sharon, to go for a walk.

"Wiarton's Bluewater Park is so lovely with some of the flower beds having came into colour."


"Boats at the marina all lined up side by side in their slips."


It was a fantastic day to be out and about walking.  Little Missy Mercedes got to go along with us this time.  I must say she was a "perfect" little angel this day.

When I got back home, I waited until just before 11:00 pm to get Rob up so he could adorn his "Crabby Cabbie" hat once again to head out into the big Cabbie World.  He was barely out the door it seemed, when he was coming back through it again.

He could NOT find his wallet !!!   

VT (very tired) + MW (misplaced wallet) = "CRABBY"

...and let me "Tell the World", "CRABBY" he was !!!  I went out to his "Crabby Cabbie" vehicle, with much searching his wallet was found exactly where he had placed it ..... phew, sure glad that episode didn't last any longer then it had .... LOL.

Seriously though, what an awful feeling thinking you have lost your wallet.  Actually quite a few years ago, Rob had really lost his wallet.  He received it in the mail, with everything intact.  A very kind Samaritan had obviously found it.  Thank goodness, as we all either know, or can imagine, what a pain it is to cancel certain cards and reapply for others, including all new ID for Driver's License, OHIP, Social Insurance number, etc .... a "royal pain" in the you know what !!!

I am happy to report a less "Crabby Cabbie" left for the second attempt to begin his work day .... Hooray !

I did up some dishes, made our bed, vacuumed and dusted our bedroom, vacuumed the hall, dining and living rooms, then decided today was the day I was going to tackle the front flower beds.

"I had my work cut out for me.  I hadn't even dead headed the hydrangeas, and here I have blogger friends in the US & UK where theirs are in bloom already !  For shame on me."


"My garden helper today was in place."


"I did too manage to get a 2nd load of wash hung out on the clothes line.  Does anyone know what kind of plant this is growing by my clothes line shown here?  I left it this year instead of cutting it back, as I thought it looked pretty nice around the step up."


"I really couldn't get much better garden wagon security then this, now could I?  Bandit is the BEST !"


"It was a lot of work, however feels so nice to stand back to admire it when it is all said and done.  I think I am going to cover with heavy layers of newspapers and mulch this year to keep the weeds at bay a lot longer.  Um, just need a man now to help get me some mulch ... wonder where I could find me one of those?  LOL."


Being such a perfect weather day, I thought what better time then today to have a little outdoor fun ...

"With Dad overseeing, the three Tri-coloured boys came out for a bit of fresh air in the great outdoors."


"This guys is the most studious and quiet one of the bunch, I am sure."


"This little guy is also very quiet, and oh just as cute as a button."


"There is always a "yakky" one in every bunch, is there not?"


With my back being very sore at this point,  I put everyone back with their Mama and other siblings to take a lay down for 1/2 hour or so.  My Cousin, Paula called so we got to have a long overdue "catch up" phone call, with arrangements to meet up with each other soon.  I so missed her, as I thought we could have had a great day "garage sailing" together ... lol.

Just after 4:30, I sent a text to Sharon to see if she was up for a second walk today.  It was just too nice of a day to spend it working or indoors all day.  She was on for it, so I met up with her and we were off again.

"I think it would be a little too cold for me to be out in the bay taking a dip, however this young guy and his pup didn't seem to think so.  Thank goodness the Sun was so warm."


"Our newest addition "Brewsky Buddy" got to go along on this walk."


"When I arrived back home, it was time for everyone's supper and to be cleaned up after, however it didn't appear anyone else was too concerned about food or their mess !"


Laundry all brought in, everyone waiting to go in and out for the last time this day, and me feeling pretty dang tired here.  I am thinking it will be a very early night, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

1 comment:

  1. You cramed a whole lot of living in your day!! The puppies are so sweet, I could just eat them up. THANK you so much for your note in the mail, I got it yesterday, much nicer that receiving bills!!

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...