Wednesday 30 May 2012

I LOVE Getting Mail Via Post !!!

Needless to say, after yesterday, I surely did not have to much "get up and go" this day, especially when Lexus decided she needed out at 5:30 am.  I did so manage to get my sorry butt out from my comfy bed to get my day going.

"Since I was tired with things to do today, I thought the Slow Cooker would be my best friend this day.  Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore it was.  Chicken browning in the Zesty Italian Dressing first off."


"Then added on top of the bed of vegetables to be topped off with tomatoes and thyme."


"I do so love the slider shelves Rob put in the Kitchen Pantry cupboard for me.  It makes life so much nicer then having to pull everything out to get at one item, does it not?"



 While I was putting this together, Rob was out cutting the lawn.  Then I got onto a job I really don't care for ...

"I do so dislike cleaning the bathroom.  Trust, you, me, it was long over due I am sure."


"However I do love when it is all finished and sparkling clean."


 Rob came in just before lunch was all ready.  With him he brought along the mail, where there was a notice to pickup a parcel downtown.

"We first enjoyed our Slow Cooker Cacciatore dinner."


"Not to be outdone, Rob had to have his dinner photographed as well, thinking it presented so much better then mine.  Really, I did not want to burst his bubble, so I took a picture ... lol."


Once our Dinner was over with and cleaned up from, we took ourselves downtown Wiarton to collect the parcel awaiting me.

"I do LOVE getting Mail Via Post !!!  He,he,he...when I was over at my friend, Lisa's, we opened it there before I got back home, as we couldn't wait."


How exciting this was for me, as it had been from ....

".... my "Secret Sister"!   Carla over at "My 1/2 Dozen Daily" had organized all of this for us gals last month, which I had signed up for.  I surely can't wait until the next "Secret Sister Swap", hoping Carla will once again organize another?"


It even was more exciting once I dove into the parcel ....

"Check out all the wonderful goodies my "Secret Sister" sent me !!!  A handmade Recipe card holder, along with a Box of assorted Handmade cards, of course all made in one of my favorite colours, of blue!  There was also a package of Green Tea, Green Tea Candies, hand cream, a mug with "My Dog Contented", and even a package of Oven Baked Gourmet Dog Cookies!"


"Please could we have one of those cookies your "Secret Sister" sent us?  Please?"


"Bandit and Missy Mercedes most certainly enjoyed the Cheddar Cheese Biscuits, as I am sure Lexus and Buddy will too once they get one or two theirselves."


"Did I mention there was Organic Chocolate in the package from my "Secret Sister" too?"


After all the excitement of receiving a package, we had to get back to reality ...

"Kennel Runs to ponder over."


"Open wide, as worming had to be done for the third time, as the "Spectacular Six" are six weeks old today, you know?"


"There were  battles to be won."


"Pant legs to be chewed."


"....and photos to pose for."


"A late lunch with "Injaca" looking over his shoulder to see what was going on, while I was trying to quietly escape through the doorway."


"Rob did put on his "Crabby Cabbie" to take his leave, while Bandit and Missy Mercedes took over his domain in his absence."


Today I also took time out to enjoy a couple of life's simple pleasure that make me feel good ....

"Some of my flower beds filling in."


"A couple sparrows on the edge of the drive."


"...and the brilliant finches at the feeder."


 Buddy and I went for a walk downtown along the park and the Wiarton Marina, then I settled in for the evening to sit here to reflect back on my day while ...

"...I enjoyed a Green Tea in my new mug from my "Secret Sister"."


 Tomorrow another day will break along with a new adventure, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

7 comments:

  1. What a cute package you got there today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at all the goodies you got!!! Great secret sister gift box!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot believe how big those puppies are getting.

    Do you know who your secret sister was?

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cindy,
    glad that you like your goodies! this was lots of fun! your puppies are too cute~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cindy,

    This is my first comment on your blog. You picked my name for the secret sister swap.

    I just wanted to let you know that I now have a blog together with 3 of my crafty friends. I hope you can come visit our blog when you get a chance. Here's the link:

    http://craftmatesetc.blogspot.ca/

    Thank you!
    Virna

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved my secret sister too - it made my month! Yours looks wonderful. I really love that little brown puppy ..... are you thinking what I'm thinking? lol - only joking xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cindy,

    You picked my name for the secret sister swap but I didn't have a blog then.

    I now have recently started a blog with 3 of my crafty friends. There are 4 of us - one is a baker, a jewellery maker, a scrapbooker, and there's me - the sewer.

    I hope you can come visit our blog:

    http://craftmatesetc.blogspot.ca/

    Thanks!
    Virna

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...