Monday 22 December 2014

Oh Man

Oh man what a long last night was.  I fell asleep at 10 pm, the phone rang at 10:30 pm, and I am sure I awake the rest of the night.  Rob got back in at 12:30 am, and by 5:15 I felt like I was just drifting off when Lexus wanted out ..... oh man was I tired today.

I had to do a few errands such as banking, and post office this morning so I headed downtown Wiarton by 9:30 am not getting back home until after 11:00.

Rob had a friend come over to help take wood from out of the Wood Shed and load into our basement.  They made a good haul today so bring on the cold weather !


Gateway Haven was having the room my Mom is in re-done today with everything taken out, sanitized and all the floors redone.  My brother picked her up this morning to have her at his place until after lunch.  Before taking her back he picked me up to go along as we had something for her.

I had to laugh when I got into his vehicle as there she was with her new Winter Coat on that I had picked out for her last Year, and her Capri and sandals on with no socks !!!  Oh my dear Mother ... I am happy there had been no snow on the ground.

Once we got her back to her room all the furniture was still out in the hallway..  She went over to her chair, moved the stuff off it, and then sat herself down.  Very content as long as she was in her chair.

Mom loves stuffed Bears, so she was really  happy when we had given her a Santa Claus and Mrs. Claus Bear, along with a couple of Reindeer.   This way she can enjoy them a few days before Christmas Day.


My brother, Allan, and I will go back up Christmas morning to spend some time with her.  They have a nice Dinner there for the residents that same day, and Allan had her for a great luncheon today.

Truly I was so tired today I didn't get a damn, damn, triple damn thing done around here today, other then the bed made, dishes done and Aussies out and in all day long.  Oh yes I did call the repair man about our washing machine.  He is coming sometime Wednesday ... YIKES there goes more
money out the door at the worse time of Year, but then is there ever a good time of Year for money to go out the door?  I think not.

Oh yes Portia decided to get herself in a bit more trouble then usual this morning ....

Santa has already gotten her a present for Christmas Day, so guess she isn't going to get any doggie coal for this mess.


Rob made us a great Dinner of a Peameal Bacon & Cheese Omelette tonight  Poor guy is already in his chair snoring.  I am really certain his back will be feeling it in the coming days.

Oh yes I had checked in at my Doctor's today to see about the results of my MRCP.  He had not been in today, so I am sorry to think he might be sick himself before Christmas.  Sure not wishing that on anyone.  Hopefully I hear from him tomorrow sometime.

Sad news today when yet another Music Icon passed away at 70 Years of age.  RIP Joe Cocker.


I think this weary gal is going to have herself an early evening, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

3 comments:

  1. Wishing you the blessing of a good night's sleep tonight! I struggle with sleep too though not as badly as you. It' the worst!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got online... so I had no idea about Joe Cocker. Though he was well before my time, there were a number of things he did later in his career that crossed my path and that I liked, particularly with soundtrack albums. What a singer, and a great loss for his fans.

    Portia!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cindy~ Just wanted to stop by and wish you and your family A Very Merry Christmas~ Lynn

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...