Wednesday 24 December 2014

Christmas Eve Day

This morning I got up and took everyone out at 5 am, then put them all back to bed where I went myself until almost 9 am.  I am exhausted and can not seem to catch up with any rest.

I had been invited by the Chamber staff to join them for a little get together before they left for home today.  By 10 am I had to get going if I was to make it down there by 11 am.

With my trusty kitchen help I made up two dishes.  One to take along and the other for the freezer.


This Cheesy Salsa Dip always goes over well wherever I take it, and it is Rob's favourite.  I had some brought home for him which he had for his dinner.  The get together with the girls was a fun time as always.

This afternoon I think I could have slept the day away.  I was just about to lay down for a bit when the Repairman for the washing machine called to say  he was on his way.  He arrived, took 2 minutes to look at the washer, told me the bearings and more were probably gone in it and that I needed a new washer.  Two minutes and $50.00 later was rather disappointing, but business is business.

Boxing Day will find us shopping for a new washing machine.  He had told me to stay away from the new top loaders and stick with a Whirlpool front loader.  We will see.  Sears has one on sale right now for $750.00 which I will take a look at Friday.

I had called Sears to see what time they would be open Friday and their hours will be 6 am til 6 pm.  Needless to say I was quite surprised at their early opening time.  I will not be there that early.

I am still tired, I am not feeling the best, and I am hoping everyone else here will think an early bedtime will be a good idea this evening, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.


2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas, Cindy. Hopefully the Aussies don't stir tonight, let alone a mouse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you all . Can you believe it is 12C windy and raining here even had a few claps of thunder !

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...