Monday 23 May 2011

"Pass the Biscuit" Please...I Want to Embrace Life To The Fullest !

Another "Victoria Day" Weekend is coming to an end.....

I would think everyone should have been pleased if they were at their cottage, as the weather cooperated better then most years.  However the tenters had to deal with quite a downpour Sunday morning and evening....thunder and lightning with a driving rain....and the "hydro" going out for a "little" bit around 9:00 pm, at our house anyway.

The "calm" before the storm:



A "lighter" sky and rain with the storm gearing down:



Today is one of my very "best" friend's Birthday.  Happy Birthday Dear Tim!  I don't think he is into reading "blogs", so I must remember to call him at a "descent" hour, as I suspect this might be a "tad" too early for him to be up yet. 

It is "nice" to remember friend's birthdays; I also try to remember to send Birthday Cards a week or so earlier then the actual Birthday date, so they may be enjoyed up to the "big" day....since "after" the big day who wants to be reminded they are headed towards another number....lol.  I don't anyway!

My sister, Jeanne, forwarded me an email the other day that I have seen before, absolutely loved, and was "happy" to have it sent to me again since so many years have passed since I last seen it.  It, once again, reminded me to remember to "embrace" life on a daily basis, and also what is "important".  There is so much meaning and truth behind what this email had to say to me, so "Pass the Biscuit" please:

When I was a kid, my mom liked to make breakfast food for dinner every now and then. And I remember one night in particular when she had made breakfast after a long, hard day at work.. On that evening so long ago, my mom placed a plate of eggs, sausage, and extremely burned biscuits in front of my dad. I remember waiting to see if anyone noticed! Yet all my dad did was reach for his Biscuit, smile at my mom and ask me how my day was at school.


I don't remember what I told him that night, but I do remember hearing my mom apologize to my dad for burning the biscuits.. And I'll never forget what he said: "Honey, I love burned biscuits."


Later that night, I went to kiss Daddy good night and I asked him if he really liked his biscuits burned. He wrapped me in his arms and said, "Your momma put in a long hard day at work today and she's real tired. And besides... a burnt biscuit never hurt anyone!"


You know, life is full of imperfect things... and imperfect people. I'm not the best at hardly anything, and I forget birthdays and anniversaries just like everyone else. What I've learned over the years is that learning to accept each others faults and choosing to celebrate each others differences, is one of the most important keys to creating a healthy, growing, and lasting relationship.


So...please pass me a biscuit. And yes, the burned one will do just fine! And please pass this along to someone who has enriched your life... I just did!


Life is too short to wake up with regrets... Love the people who treat you right and forget about the ones who don't.



ENJOY LIFE NOW - IT HAS AN EXPIRATION DATE!

No matter the circumstances of our lives, if we could only focus on trying to "Enjoy Life Now" remembering it does have an "Expiration Date". 

We have the honour of a Killdeer returning to the exact same spot, at the end of our driveway, where there was a "nest" last year.  Going out on our Motorcycle on Saturday, I looked down and there she was sitting on her nest thinking she was "invisible".  I wasn't so lucky by walking out there yesterday, however did manage to get a couple of good shots in:

These "eggs" blend right in with their surroundings:


Mrs. Killdeer feigning a "broken wing", trying to lead me away from the location of her eggs:


How "smart" is nature?  Pretty darn smart in my books, I would say !

Many years ago I read somewhere that "boredom" is a sign of being "self centered".  Surely I must have been either self centered or lazy yesterday then, as I didn't feel like doing a "darn" thing.  Ha,ha,ha....I did manage to pull the "plug" out though once the whole morning of rain came to an end, by getting outside to scrub down Lexus' kennel and weed the Hosta bed.

I must have been in a "mini" rut in the morning, as I carried right on by putting supper together for the three of us as well....lol.  Um mm, cottage roll, russet potatoes and bean casserole:



 I have "loved" this bean casserole for years, never making it, as I was sure Rob once told me he didn't like it, and I didn't want to make it just for myself.  My Aunt served it at a meal she had us to not so long ago, and there Rob was eating it up like "no tomorrow".  Questioning him on that, he told me that he had meant he wouldn't care for it "all the time", and "would eat it" occasionally.  I certainly didn't hear any complaints from him as he took a "second" helping at suppertime last night!!!  *Sigh* Men !!!!  Do I need say any more?  Not !

Ha,ha,ha....and to the "men" who read my "blog", I do know it has been known you also say the same about women, "Women" !!!, and then some I am sure.

Should anyone like a copy of the "Bean Casserole", please feel free to drop me a line at:

justnorthofwiarton@live.ca

...or you can find me at Cindy's Recipe Exchange on Facebook.

After thirteen years our Dehumidifier gave up the "ghost" and died.  It served us well all of those years, running and running and running, mostly every day some Summers.  I went online to Owen Sound Kijiji, lucking in by finding an advertisement for a good used Sahara Dehumidifier for $60.00.

It just so happened that my most "favorite" Crabby Cabbie had a fare over in Owen Sound last night giving him the opportunity to purchase it  and bring it home in his "new" chariot the company had to get him a couple of weeks ago (since the one he had been driving had also gave up the "ghost"):



Nice, shiny and almost new, as well as being blue.......fit for a "King" or a "Crabby Cabbie"....LOL.

I suppose I have lots of stuff I could be doing today, since I was being such a "slacker" yesterday.  I best be seeing if I will be doing "stuff" inside or out by checking out the Wiarton Airport Weather Report first:



Today:


Cloudy. A few showers beginning this morning. Risk of a thunderstorm. Wind southwest 30 km/h gusting to 50. High 22. UV index 3 or moderate.



Tonight:


A few showers ending late this evening then cloudy with 40 percent chance of showers. Risk of a thunderstorm this evening. Wind southwest 20 km/h becoming light after midnight. Low 7.



By the looks of this weather forecast, it appears I can do some inside "stuff" and then sneak outside to do some outside "stuff" inbetween showers. 

Since my "Crabby Cabbie" didn't arrive home again until the time I was taking the "One & Only" puppy out at 5:15 this morning, I am thinking whatever I plan to do today it I will be doing it Solo, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

No comments:

Post a Comment

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...