Tuesday 3 May 2011

Lots of "New" Stuff to Be Experienced With !

The "Magnificent Seven" are outside already this morning having their "breakfast".  With the weather slowly (and I do mean slowly) improving, they are able to be outside in the very large "pen" getting lots of exercise and play.  Any sign of rain, or that dreaded word "flurries" which we hopefully won't have to see until after Christmas this year, in they all come to stay dry and warm in their inside pen.

I am enjoying the "Seven" being all outside, as it is easier to be on "poop" detail with a shovel and garden hose then picking up soiled newspaper layers !!!  Ha, ha, ha.....one of the "joys" of having puppies.  Actually I really don't mind.....even when they are in the outside pen I go out at least 4 times a day for a half hour each time to spend some "quality" time with them, as socialization is very very very (I can't stress this to people enough) important when you have a "puppy". 

Socialization prepares this "puppy" for that big "new" world out there, which you will be wanting to take them out along with you .....and you most certainly don't want them to be skittish or shy.  An intimated dog can easily become a "biter" if it is fearful of people or it's surroundings.  So my opinion is one that the more you socialize a "puppy" the less fearful or intimitated it will be.

I suppose my sister, Donna, was right when she said I will "miss" these "Magnificent Seven" when they have all left the "nest"......what will I talk about then????  LOL, for those who know me, I am sure you know I will surely always have something or other "new" to "talk" about......

I know one thing for sure once the weather gets really nice again, Bandit, Lexus and I will be resumming our outdoor daily walks, so I will be "talking" about that.  I am definite they have been missing them as much as I have been, even though Bandit and I have been able to sneak one or two in the past two weeks.

While still on the subject of my "beloved" pets, my girlfriend, Vicki, made a "new" doggie biscut this past Sunday, and has shared it with me, as well as providing a "visual" by way of an emailed picture:

Peanut Butter and Pumpkin Dog Cookies

2 1/2 c. whole wheat flour 2T peanut butter
2 eggs 1/2 salt
1/2 cup canned pumpkin 1/2 t. ground cinnamon
350 F oven

*whisk together the flour, eggs, pumpkin, p. butter, salt and cinnamon in a bowl. Add water as needed (I didn't add much) to make dough workable, but still dry and stiff. Roll to 1/2 and cut into shapes. Bake 40 minutes or till hard.

Dropped one and Jack had it before it hit the floor! My guys love them. Wanted to take a pic of Jack with cookies, but he tried to eat them all.

NOTE:  "Jack" is Vicki's one Dashund who would steal and eat anything.  I believe he is on a "diet" at the moment.....poor Jack.

A little "Doggie "Wit & Wisdom" from Vicki:

*The pumpkin is great fibre. Hint: Keep some pumpkin in the freezer for when your dog has the runs..a tablespoon works every time. Not pumpkin pie mix.


Yummy, they do look like they could be quite "human" editable, do they not?  I will have to try one out the next time Vicki comes up to "camp out" at our place.  Thanks girlfriend for sharing !!!

I absolutely "LOVE" when people share with me and I am able to share with people!  Gives me a warm fluttery feeling in my tummy.

I am saddened to report my friend, Tammy, has opted out of our recipe exchange group on Facebook, as she has other things to attend to in her life right now, but will be remaining in "touch" .  Tammy has changed the name of the group to "Cindy's Recipe Exchange", for those of you who are already a member, or for those of you who might like to join through your Facebook account.  Thanks Diane for joining and becoming a "new" member, I will look forward to any comments you might have for the Recipe Exchange.

I tried out a recipe last night that was "new" to me, however one that was submitted by my Aunt Gerry  in the "Masterson Family Reunion" 2005 Cookbook,  a "Zippy Beef Casserole".

Zippy Beef Casserole

1 lb. hamburger
4 oz (1/2 cup) uncooked macaroni
1 - 10 oz can cream of mushroom soup
3/4 cup milk
2/3 cup ketchup
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
2 tbsp. chopped onion
1 cup crushed potato chips

Cook hamburger until brown; drain off fat. Cook macaroni; drain. Mix all ingredients except potato chips, in an ungreased casserole dish, cover and bake at 350* F oven for 40 minutes; sprinkle crushed potato chips baking on top; bake a further 5 mins.



My dearest darling Guinea Pig, Rob, gave this "new" dish a 2 Star out of a 0-5, 5 being the highest star rating.  This will not be one of my most favorite dishes, however one that was worth trying out.  That is the 'beauty' of us all having different "likes" and "dislikes" in this World.

NEWS FLASH !!!  It appears it is going to pour rain outside here, so Rob had to go bring the "Seven" all back inside.  Oh well, they got to have their breakfast in the 'great' outdoors' anyhow.  Thanks Rob.

I have a friend, whom I haven't seen for sometime, dropping over this morning for a "visit".  I surely wouldn't want one of our "visits" recorded, since we always have such a variety of topics that we manage to cover in such short peiords of time when we do get together.....lol.  The funny thing about it, all our conversations always somehow end up coming back to the subject of "food".  LOL, and it has always been like that between the two of us!  Crazy women that we are !

I am going to try a out a "new" to me muffin recipe out on her.  I am so "delighted" to have a "new" Guinea pig to give me a "new" opinion on a "new" to me recipe !  I even think I will break out the "new" dessert plates to serve it on, since I feel "so inclined" to do so:



It must be just a "new" kind of day, as I am going to be watching the "new" TV show tonight "The Voice" for the second week running.  Do you just love "new" things too?  LOL

Onto to the weather towards the "new" day ahead:

Today:

Cloudy. 60 percent chance of showers this afternoon. High 8. UV index 3 or moderate.

Tonight:

Cloudy. 60 percent chance of showers. Low plus 3.

Yep, rain in the forecast again.  They just never seem to listen to me when I keep requesting "sunshine"....

I had better "dangle" to get ready for my "old" friend's arrival and get that "new" recipe baked before she does arrive "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

1 comment:

  1. I too hope we have seen the last of the snow for the season........but never say no I guess....off to put the fire on as I too have visitors today.

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...