Saturday 13 December 2014

Christmas Carols or Songs

It was heavenly to sleep all night until 4 am.  I finally got up at 6:00 am to attend to all our Aussies morning needs, put Portia back to bed and went back myself.  I never slept but I was tired and it felt really good staying in bed for a very rare change.

This morning I had errands to run downtown Wiarton.  I also stopped around to have a visit with my girlfriend.  Really by the time I had finished my errands this morning had ran into the afternoon.

There is lots of electricity in the air lately concerning the new South Bruce Peninsula council voted in for the next four year term over the possibility of some very political matters effecting our Communities of Wiarton and Sauble Beach which have many people quite concerned.  I am not a really a political person, however there is much volunteering which goes on between these two communities that I feel are needed, and hopefully this new council does not abolish the groups/programs that support the events that are supported by them, which in turn brings outside people to spend time in our towns.

I certainly know how much volunteer time goes into some of the Community Events, and it would be a shame should we loose these along with some very important groups which make them happen.  I suppose time will tell how the cards of the new council will be played out.  Hopefully Small Businesses will also be supported, as with no support for businesses to flourish there would be no Communities.

This afternoon I spent tidying up then making a Dinner requested by my husband.  We have not had a casserole for sometime, and with leftover rotisserie chicken in the fridge he thought it most appropriate for me to make him one today.

Casseroles are soooo good.  Sauteed celery and onion with sweet peas added in, mixed with Cream of Mushroom & Chicken Soups along with cut up leftover chicken turned into a casserole with hot cooked egg noodles and shredded cheddar cheese, then baked in a 350* oven until heated thoroughly.  Yes definitely sooo good.


Now for a bit of humour that had me laughing also this afternoon ... a new fad "diet" ....


Not that I don't have lots of Dog Food here from Costco for such a diet, however it is the Kirkland brand not Purina ... hahahaha.

Christmas is only twelve days away now with everyone asking each other if they are ready for Christmas.  I think I am ready for it, or will be by the time the kids come up in January when we will have our Christmas together.

I came across a neat website about The History of Christmas, when I had been searching for how Christmas Carols came to be, which I found to be quite interesting.  Someone else might find it as interesting as I did, so just *click* HERE to view.

One of my Christmas Carols is "What Child Is This", and played by Lindsey Stirling even makes it sweeter.



Almost magical is it not? what is your favourite Christmas Carol or Song?  It just happens next Year's Santa Claus Parade's Theme will be Christmas Songs.  I can't wait to see what people come up with for their floats.  It should be a "musical delight" !

And for today that is all she wrote, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

3 comments:

  1. Glad your feeling better and got a good nights sleep ! I like all the old original Christmas carols or songs , my favorite modern signer for Christmas Cd is Alan Jackson 's Let It Be Christmas . Thanks for sharing , Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silent Night is the one that stands out for me.

    What a funny joke!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I work in a school and love seeing the children sing traditional and more modern Christmas carols, I always well up when they sing 'It was on a Starry Night,' xx

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...