Friday 4 November 2011

A Little Bit Of Bruce County's Very Own Old Time Music

What a day I had yesterday !  It was pretty much non-stop until my head hit the pillow last night.  I was to be slowing down and pacing myself, but how does one do this and live a life that is so fulfilling?  Today will be my slowdown and pace myself day, as I don't want to come apart at the seams, in turn causing me not enjoy this life as much as I have been.

Places and people were the focus of my yesterday ...... remember, we meet no ordinary people in our lives.  If you give them a chance, everyone has something to offer.

It was not only a fantastic turnout of people at the morning VON SMART exercise program, it was so much fun as well.  After the hour of exercise, one of the ladies demonstrated "Laughter Yoga" for us.  What a "hoot" we all had doing it along with her !  The old cliche', "laughter is the best medicine", why not?  Learn all about "Laughter Yoga" from the following report presented by CNN:




Contagious, is it not?  I love a good laugh, as there is nothing like a good "belly laugh" to start one's day.

Once I got back home it was time to get Dinner ready.  Good thing I enjoy leftovers so much, as that is what we had *again* !  I don't mind leftovers, as I find they are usually as good as the previous day, and they are easy to prepare since it is just a matter of heating them up !  Easy peasy, as one-two-three .....

I had another engagement this afternoon, as I had been invited to the Home & Community Day Away Program in Wiarton to enjoy the entertainment they had booked for this day.  Who on earth could one imagine who it would be?  Such an easy guess, as I see "him" in and about my Bruce County travels quite a bit ..... it would be no other then my one and only friend .......

"Lookie there, it is Ralphy Shular !!!  Wow, our very own Bruce County's Stompin' Ralphy Shular!"


"..... and Ralphy has friends ???  Wow, let me tell you I was some impressed with Ralph & Friends."



"Acoustic Guitar player, as well as singer, this would be Mr. Pat Love."



"Wow, here is Bob Corp, strumming the plugged in and happening Mandolin.  Bob is a familiar face seen  in the Summer months touring around Bruce County on his motorcycle alongside Ralphy."



"This would be Miss Brenda Sparks on the organ.  Brenda is most certainly another born & raised Bruce County gal herself."



"This gentleman would be Mr. Doug Sutherland.  He not only plays the fiddle, but totally "wowed" everyone when he started playing a "hand saw" !!!  I love whenever I come across a "wow" factor in my travels, and Doug here most certainly gave me one of those."



"Here, of course, is our very own Ralphy Shular, acoustic guitar player (as well as other string instruments, or so I have been told & yet to witness), and singer."



Everyone present in the room was either tapping their foot or clapping their hands, as Ralph & Friends were most certainly enjoyed by all.  The songs performed were remembered by many from hymns, to ballads to those toe-tapping oldies that made you want to get up and do the two-step to.  It was certainly lots of fun.

Ralph & Friends can be seen in and around Bruce County from Nursing homes as far up on the Bruce Peninsula as the Golden Dawn Senior Citizen's Home to the Southampton Care Centre in Saugeen Shores.  I believe they will be also participating in the 72nd Annual Christmas Fund Broadcast on the 4th of December, 2011 from 1-9 PM.  It is also my understanding Ralph & Friends will be there at 5:00 PM that day.

Please take a moment to read about the Christmas Fund Broadcast is all about, as it has been going on for 72 years !  Click on in at their website:   http://www.560cfos.ca/promotion.php?PromoID=589

Now after all that excitement, one would think that would be enough for one day, would it not?  Of course not, I just had to keep going with it ......

Now Miss Brenda Sparks was inquiring as to whether I knew of a place in Wiarton who was a supplier of yarn.  Funny it came to my mind, even though I had never been myself, a new place opened this Summer in Wiarton which actually was to my understanding they specialized in yarns.  Perfect, so Brenda was given directions to how Ralphy & the rest of his friends could get her there.

Since I had not been myself, I thought I would follow them over and check it out as well.  Good thing I did, as I am really not sure if Ralphy knew exactly where it was ..... but I did !  LOL

"This would be "The Cluttered Cupboard" located at 563 Louisa Street (municipal parking lot), right behind Bennett's Department store on Wiarton's main street, Berford Street.  Newly opened this past Summer and running daily Tuesday to Saturday.  For their hours they may be contacted at 519-534-9810, or their page on Facebook."


"They had exactly what Brenda was looking for, with even an example of the yarn knitted into a scarf, as shown here."



"I was even more impressed when the owner, Bill Morrow, showed Brenda the technique on how a scarf was made from this particular yarn."



"The Cluttered Cupboard", as I am sure there will be some pretty cool Christmas ideas to be found in some of those nooks and crannies !

Wiarton's Bruce County Library Branch.  The libraries have a program in place where students are available to teach computer basics to library members at a cost of  "free" !  What an excellent program !  I had my second appointment, as I need to brush up on some very, very old Excel skills I used to have.  For any further information on this program being provided by them, please contact the Bruce County Library at their website:  http://library.brucecounty.on.ca/

I can now officially say my day was "done", and at that point I was beyond "done".  I am sure as soon as my head hit the pillow it was literally "lights out", with not a stir out of me until at least 3:00 a.m. this present morning.

A little birdie told me there was going to be some sunshine in the next couple of days ahead, I think I will just go check that out myself.


Couple is two, is it not?  This is a few, meaning THREE WHOLE DAYS OF Sunshine, Lollipops & Rainbows !!!  Yippee !!!!  How exciting is this to me?  Very exciting as it is laundry out on the clothes line, get the lawn cut one more time, dig the last row of potatoes and bring in some wood weather for me .... oops, for Rob too; but for some odd reason, I have a feeling Rob isn't going to be excited about my plans as I am ..... I wonder why that would be? lol.

Regardless of weather and planning ahead, a whole new day is now here, and hopefully for me another new adventure to go along with it, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

No comments:

Post a Comment

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...