Sunday 6 November 2011

Daylight Savings Time? Here I Thought I Had Slept In !!!

I just realized before I typed in the "title" it was Fall Behind Day.  The time is 4:57 a.m., so that means it is really 5:57 a.m.; on "old" time this would have meant I had actually slept in ????  Wow no wonder I am feeling so rested and chipper this morning ...... I wish !  LOL

Now I have to go around at some point this morning changing all the clocks back by an hour to accommodate the Daylight Savings Times.  I will put that on my "things to get done this morning" list.

I had best be heading back into my yesterday before I start wearing myself out with my today ..... *Sigh* for someone who is suppose to be "pacing" one's self, I think I have been getting a big fat "F" in the subject.

Unfortunately, Mercedes had not such a good Friday night, spending it awake, and me along with her, until at least 4:00 a.m., the same time my Crabby Cabbie arrived home, when we both finally got to sleep until at least 6:30 a.m..

By the time I had posted my "blog" at 8:52 a.m., with having Mercedes in and out in-between, it was time to hang out a load of wash on the line that I had put in the washer before I had started my blog.  Then I went on to the dusting and vacuuming of the living/dining room areas, unloading the dishwasher, hanging a second load of wash out, spending time with Bandit & Lexus, digging, washing and hanging onions, getting leftover Quiche heated for our lunch, cleaning up from that, taking time out to have a coffee then getting ready to take Mercedes to the Vet in Mildmay, driving up to Saugeen First Nations to get our van gassed up, coming home to taking laundry from the line, drying it all in the dryer, to take off the by then dampness from it, folded and put it all away, in and out with Bandit, Lexus and Mercedes, making three phone calls (somewhere in there), finally sitting down with a coffee at 7:00 p.m. to check my emails.   I don't know how I could have fit "pacing" myself in there as this ALL had to be done and was done in my yesterday ????

I can really prove most of all of the above with a couple of pictures I somehow managed to take .... from the morning, afternoon and evening.

MORNING:

"Spanish onions, cleaned, tied, and now hanging in our basement.  So nice and white ...  This is not quite 1/2 a garden row, with another 1/2 row yet to be pulled, along with a whole row of red onions, and a 1/2 row of Leeks."


"These are the ones where the tops weren't good enough to tie, so I cleaned them and set them in the Sun to dry and brought in to be used up first."



AFTERNOON:


"This little guy had already been in to see the Vet already.  "Hey Dad, that Lady is pointing a camera at me ???? ""



"Honest Lady, I really am not sure if I care to have  my picture taken."



"You women are all alike, so insistent !  Okay this is my best side so take your picture Lady."



"There are just way too many "smells" on these carpets for a little nose to figure out what they all are."



"Dr. Jane, please tell me there is nothing too seriously wrong with me?"



"Do you think my Mommy can take me back home, so I don't have to stay here with you?  I know you are nice and all, but it isn't the same as all the love I get back home from my Dad, Bandit & Lexus, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard" !"



"There is the old, old Shank's bridge, as we cross over the new bridge, which is pretty old itself now.  We are almost "smack dab" in between Burgoyne and Southampton at this point, as we crossover the Saugeen River."



EVENING:


"Almost at the end of the day with a dampness now in the air and a line of clothes to be removed."



Wow, I am feeling tired again by just typing and re-reading all that went on yesterday .... lol.

Oh by the way, Mercedes has a just a little sign of infection in her bladder, along with a "tad" of a temperature, however we have medication she will be on for the next two weeks.  She slept all of last night .... THANK YOU LORD ! , and seems pretty much her old "let's run around the house" self this morning.  Think we "nipped" it in the bud before it turned into something a little bit more serious.

The weather the whole yesterday through was sunny and beautiful, so hopefully we can have a bit more of the same today ......


Today a High of 13 ???  A pretty good way to start off Daylight Savings time, I think.  Good job Mr. Wiarton Airport Weatherman guy !

My dearest "Crabby Cabbie" didn't get in this morning until the "wee, wee" hours.  Actually I am sure it was just before I got up ..... Rob we have to stop spending time together by passing each other coming and going to the bathroom !  Oh man, oh man, I am sure someday we might get it "all together" and think this is all quite a "normal" routine for our lives, and everything else is "abnormal" ?  LOL ..... someday.

I am happy the sun will be out in full force today, as I am sure I heard Rob tell me, at some point yesterday, he would like to get the lawn cut one last time before Fall is gone for good this year.  I would also like for us to get the rest of the onions and potatoes dug, wash and hang our bedding on the clothes line, and rearrange some plants in our front flower beds.  Hope you noticed the "us" and "our" parts my dear Rob, as "our" means I need "YOUR" help, and "us" as in "TOGETHERNESS" !  LOL.

Here it is now 6:28 a.m., and I am already planning out my next adventure for my day ahead, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

No comments:

Post a Comment

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...