Wednesday 16 November 2011

Another Great "Get Ready For Winter" Day It Was !

Wow I couldn't believe we had another beautiful Fall "Get Ready For Winter" kind of day handed out to us !  It just gave me one of those "I wish it was dry enough to plow the garden under" feelings, but in reality it was "get stuff done in around the house" days.

I had two sick houseplants who needed my dire attention right away, as those nasty spiders whom inhabit our house along with us had taken a hold on them.  

"Into the bathtub they went.  With a mixture of dish soap & water in a spray bottle a drenching spray they got, underneath and on top of their leaves, even on the top of the soil.  I am hoping they will survive as one I have had for years, and the other is the Madagascar Jasmine I had just bought this past Summer."



The whole corner of the Diningroom area then got everything pulled away from the walls with a good vacuuming behind and around everything.  Alas, it seems fruitless as the little "buggers" will migrate from other parts of the house and make their webs again.  A never ending battle, but one that is necessary I suppose .... lol.

Oh I came across some very interesting "Household Uses for Beer", other then for consumption, yesterday, as a friend had posted a Fox News link  There are tips from trapping fruit flies to cleaning your gold jewellery, well worth checking out the article:

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2011/08/09/14-household-uses-for-beer/

Um, I wonder if one particular brand of beer works better then another?  I could start a survey, could I not?   LOL.

I also took advantage of yesterday's weather by getting a couple of loads of laundry done and hung out on the line, since the weather isn't looking too promising for the remainder of the week.


"I even took a picture, so Rob wouldn't think I was really in the house just have fun & surfing the web, while he was ..."



"... heading out to our bush to fell some Ash trees for backup heat just in case Winter is going to be as long as last years was."


"I wonder, as I am sure by this time last year we had "that word I am not going to mention" yet."

I think we are going to have quite enough wood, but better be "safe then sorry", as the old cliche' goes.




"With the haul all in, the chunking began."



"I am sure Rob  wasn't having "good" thoughts here, while I am standing ways away taking this picture, as it is hard work with lots of back bending going on."












"At this point when it was almost all finished I figured we could all come out and show our support on a good job done by bringing out a coffee so Rob could "wet his whistle"."





"Rob & I enjoyed a coffee while  Lexus & Mercedes entertained us."



"The girls were having a "blast" together, but after a good time they eventually did start winding down somewhat."













"By this time it was time to "call it a day" and pack it all in.  At least it was felled, hauled from the bush, and chunked, all in a day's work.  It will keep for the splitter when another nice day comes our way."



Poor Rob had enough for one day.  As the old saying goes, he was all tucked in but for his shirt tail, and to boot he has started to come down with some nasty cold/flu thing.  Poor guy, I hope he gets rid of it soon and not by sharing it with me.

There was also some really great news yesterday morning !  The Kraft Food for Families reached their Goal !

"With votes coming in all across Canada, I am proud to say Grey-Bruce Counties came in with the most votes by raising $22,232.00 for the Owen Sound Salvation Army.  Being the area with the most votes, meant they also received a Bonus of $10,000.00 to top it all of with !!!  Wowsers, great team work Grey-Bruce !!!!


It is times like these which certainly makes me feel proud to be part of such great communities.  I am proud to be a Bruce County gal through and through !

On that note, after our Supper of Spaghetti and Homemade Sauce, I got to the next task at hand.

"IKE, ICE and I put together some staples to drop off at Tim Horton's for the Food Drive.  With the way the communities come together, hopefully there will be nobody going without a meal, especially on Christmas Day."


That was pretty much my yesterday, with I having a "Battle with the Spiders" Adventure, and Rob having a "Bringing in the Wood" Adventure for himself.  We called it a day and made an early night of it.

I am not too certain we are going to be as fortunate with today's weather, as we were yesterday, but I best be checking it out anyway .....


By the look of this forecast put out by the Wiarton Airport Weatherman guy, I don't think I will be "Walking On Sunshine" today, but come on and have a "Blast from the Past" with me into the 80's with Katrina and the Waves !



That was fantastic !  This brings back lots of "good feelings" for me from the 80's, how about you ???

I have lots to do today, along with people to see, so I am off and running, once again, towards a new adventure, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".  

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog by happy accident and while I was here decided to browse through some of your earlier posts. I'm so glad I did that. This is an interesting place. You've created a great spot for your readers to visit and I really enjoyed the time I spent here. I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...