Wednesday 18 May 2011

"Nose to the Grind.....Getter Done Girl.....!

The weather certainly was a "pleasant" surprise yesterday with the sunshine actually coming out in full force and the North/East winds taken down to a "dull" roar.  Being one of Rob's days off, we both certainly took advantage of the no "rain" effect.

With all this rain we have been having, the lawns not only are a luscious green, but they are also growing like "gangbusters".  Rather then let Lacey, Jazz and Windylee have a meal from our front lawn, Rob got the lawn tractor going for the second time this year:



Rob was a very "busy" guy yesterday, as after cutting the lawn he also did all the trimming around the trees, etc.....brought wood in from the wood shed, got the ATV charged up, started changing a tire tube in the little Ford tractor, and before all this he stripped the wood sides off an "old" utility trailer to ready it to be "fixed up".  I would say he took advantage of it "not" raining yesterday, as I did.

The "girls" from Kincardine arrived yesterday morning around 10:00 to pickup their chosen "Aussie" girl.  Mother and two daughters, all equally excited to pick up their new "bundle" of joy (being the chubbiest of the litter, she was quite a heavy bundle of joy, I might add).

"Chilling out with Dad while waiting".


"Mama giving some last minute "playing" maneuvers before their arrival.


"....and here they are ready to take "ME" to my new forever home".


The "Burrows" girls assured me they would keep in touch via email with some "good" moments and pictures as this little "Aussie" girl grows.  Lexus was quite honored to find out that her "chubby" offspring's new name is "Lexie"; what a "wonderful" choice of names......LOL.

With the four "girls" on their way, I got down to business with tackling the flower bed beside the shed, and getting several "baskets" made up.  I had purchased the flowers last Friday, and not having the slightest window of time to do them because of the continuous "rain" until yesterday. 

From start.....





....to finish.


Beginning to grow & fill in:




I actually think I am starting to make a "dent" in the flower beds with only "five" more yet to be cleaned up.  However, it was still nice when I took Bandit and Lexus out this morning to look at  all that has been accomplished.  I love that "feeling" !!!

Speaking of having Bandit and Lexus out this morning, it seems like I have been doing that for the past several days......how has that happened?????  When Rob is working until the "wee" hours of the morning, I always get up to take them out......but I am wondering "why" I am still doing it on his days off?  It is "funny" how chores get shifted on a temporary basis, only to become permanent.  I think I will be getting that permanent eraser out very soon ......LOL.

With such a "busy" outdoor day I decided a roast of beef, baby carrots, and onion were going into the slow cooker, first thing.  After a long busy day, served up with some whipped potatoes and gravy, supper was made easy for me.

It really does look and feel like there is going to be "rain" today.....I don't think Rob will ever get into the garden with the tractor to turn it up and work it for some time yet.


Today:




Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. A few showers beginning late this afternoon. Risk of a thunderstorm this afternoon. Wind becoming northeast 20 km/h late this afternoon. High 18. UV index 5 or moderate.


Tonight:




Showers. Risk of a thunderstorm this evening and after midnight. Wind northeast 20 km/h becoming light late this evening. Low 12.


Wow, if we could only get a little sunshine with that warmth it would be totally "awesome".  I was just sitting here thinking, I should not be complaining about the "rain", as I really do prefer "rain" over "snow" on any given day.  The rain will stop eventually, then we will all be "crying" for it again.....ha,ha,ha....thank God he gave us Canadians the weather to talk about !!!!

Since the weather doesn't look like it will be suitable for any more outdoor Spring cleaning today, maybe I really should think about accomplishing some more indoor Spring cleaning......but I am "stuck" and don't "feel" like it !!!  Oh well, nose to the grind, and getter done girl ...... "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

1 comment:

  1. Well Good Morning Friend. The Gardens are looking awesome. Here we go again the start off another long day. Taking a minute to read your blog and have a second cup off jave. Already been out and got grocery shopping done and got a load off laundry in before going to my paying jobs.. I have definetly got to invest in a slow cooker as no time to prepare good healthy meals. Have a great Day.

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...