Wednesday 24 September 2014

Spring & Fall

No I did not sleep any better last night then any other night, but I am hoping tomorrow night I will have a great sleep.  I will divulge why tomorrow.

Every Spring and Fall we have a visitor who returns each Year, seemingly without fail, and one I look forward to seeing at these times.

The Blue Heron stayed almost the whole of the day in the same area in our first hay field directly behind the house.  I love gazing out at him/her.  It must be their first place to land before deciding where they will be living for the Summer, and their last place before they migrate each Fall.  Regardless I enjoy seeing it time after time ...


I managed to get two load of laundry washed and hung out on the clothes line.  What a gorgeous day it has been.  Summer finally arriving on the 2nd day of Fall perhaps?  

I saved the water from what I had cooked the Cottage Roll in the other day.  This morning I retrieved it from the fridge to first skim the fat from the top then strain it through cheese clothe before I put it on the stove top where I added to it carrots, onion, celery, garlic and mixed beans.

Lunch and Dinner were both a flavoured filled bowl of Bean Vegetable Soup.  Very delish if I say so myself with Rob wholeheartedly in agreement.


This afternoon I had to return a binder to the Wiarton Chamber of Commerce offices, and while I had been gone my Rob had been indeed very busy in my absence.  He took advantage of the balmy like weather with barely a wind to ....

... put the winter cover we had gotten over top of the Gazebo.  This is great as we can leave the patio furnishing right inside for the winter.  Still with windows on either side of the now shelter it still can be used by us until the weather gets worse.  I truly hope it serves its purpose well this upcoming Winter, as the westerly winds are prevailing and very strong out on our deck.


Rob and I managed to get out for a 1/2 hour walk this evening with Portia.  It had been very enjoyable.

I am going to call it an early night for myself.  I am finding the Cymbalta is not working as of yet with now 2 weeks gone by and I am going to have to resort back to taking Ibuprofen to give me some relief for my Fibro ridden muscle pain, along with some Tec 2's.

I have a very long day ahead of me tomorrow, so I think this will be a wrap for the day, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

4 comments:

  1. At least part of a bird's migratory patterns is based on memory, so this heron seems to approve of your property as a base to stop in at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We also have a blue heron that drops by twice a year. We have tall cat-tails in front of our place growing along the lake and sometimes you can't even see him hiding there. Your soups looks delicious! Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a heron that sometimes stops at the pond at the end of the road. I stand for ages just watching him stand there. They're such graceful birds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to find out why you think you're going to sleep better.....fingers firmly crossed over here!

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...