Friday 22 August 2014

Two More Sleeps !

I am sooo excited !!!  only two more sleeps until our grandsons, Aiden and Connor, will be arriving.  I have so much planned for us to do, hope I can manage it all.

Monday afternoon is the last day the Bruce County Museum in Southampton has Reptiles Alive !  where kids can touch a turtle, come face to face with a snake and find out how long a lizard can get.  Also the Be A Dinosaur Exhibit is still on until the 1st of September.

I will be checking the weather with fingers crossed also that Rob can get a day off to join the boys and I at Story Book Park in Owen Sound for a day of fun and water rides.  So far the only day looking good without rain is Tuesday, but we all know how up and down the weather can be.

Of course we will be making a trip up to the Nursing Home to see Great Grandma, and I am certain a few trips down to Bluewater Park.  A couple of trips to the grocery store will be also in line, along with a few definite appointments with the ice cream stand.  I CAN'T WAIT !!!!

Today of course was as busy as any other day, but at least I got a couple of yucky chores out of the way, even though the rest of the house is still in shambles needing a good going over tomorrow.

I had gotten some  Industrial Tile & Chrome Cleaner at a garage sale last month, and my bathtub and kitchen sinks needed a good cleaning so I got at both.  What a difference with the chrome coming up very nice.  Despite the water softener we have very hard water with iron it in as well, any heavy duty cleaner has corroded the chrome, this made it shine.


I can't wait to see how I do with in on the tile and grout, except I think that big of job will not only need gloves but a face mask as well.

This afternoon Rob and I actually got a few minutes together with Portia.

She had lots of fun with Rob, and Rob loves putting on the tease with anything and everyone, our Aussies being no exceptions.... oh dear our poor Grandboys best brace themselves.  I think after all these years of coming to Papa's Aiden is pretty much used of it now.


I can not believe that Rob actually got started putting our new Gazebo together today !!!  hopefully there will still be some nice days that I will be able to use it before we have to close it up until next Year.  It is one that we can leave up all Year round which I am happy about, as I am sure Rob is too.  It is a huge job constructing it, but I have lots of faith in my husband and sure it will bet done.  Photos to follow ... some day hopefully sooner then later.

Can you really really believe the very LAST WEEK of August is almost HERE ????  YIKES !!!!


Almost time to get the Aussies ready for bed and hopefully have a great night sleep.  If nothing else Summer nights this Year have been most comfortable for sleeping, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

2 comments:

  1. You'll be busy over the next few days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad they're coming to visit! Have a great time. Cheers from Carole's Chatter

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...