Friday 26 April 2013

Fashion Show And A Church Luncheon !

Last night I had plans to go out for the Evening.  Really this rarely ever happens that I go out on the Town for a night !  My friend, Lisa, had donated a few of her Yard Works Garden Ornaments to the Wiarton Optimist Club's very first Spring Event Fashion Show by Josie's of Wiarton.  In turn they had given her a complimentary ticket.  Lisa could not attend, and so kindly gave me her ticket. 

I had been tired, and had second thoughts about going.  I "made myself go", since I needed to step out of my same old, same old routine.  Besides Rob was home and he would look after our Aussie gang in my absence, which encouraged me to go even more.

I was not disappointed I went.  

"Walking in through the front door of The Wiarton Decor Center I was greeted by a couple of familiar faces.  There were all kinds of lovely door prized on display, donated by local businesses, a two piece band, my friend and Optimist Member, Gayle, acting as MC, with lovely Joyce Lynn acting as Vanna White.  Food?  it was an amazing selection.  See those little mini cheesecakes on the plate? my friend, Lynn, made those."


"There was a license bar with Tracey and Lynn wo-manning it and doing a great job of making everyone happy.  Joyce Lynn was having a great time making the door prize winners very happy by delivering them their prizes.  Can you believe it? I won a lovely lamp locally made by Caframo ! I was really glad after winning this that I had decided to go after all.  Besides that I was sitting with my friend Anita Dejong and her two sweet daughters, along with another friend, Nancy."


"There had even been two male models strutting off their stuff."


Then came the parade of lovely women ....




"The finale' was lead by Josie herself ... everyone was having a wonderful time."


I will definitely plan on going should the Wiarton Optimist Club have another Spring Event Fashion Show next year.  It was well worth the $25.00, especially when Josie's of Wiarton gave everyone attending a $20.00 gift certificate for her store ... a Win Win situation it was.  A huge applause to everyone who was involved as it was a "HIT SPRING EVENT" for Wiarton !!!

Today I was meeting up with my friend, Sharon, who was going with me to the Luncheon put on by my Auntie's Church in Port Elgin.

"We had nicely settled with my Cousin Vi, her husband, Ross, and their Grandson, when who show up by none other then MY "Crabby Cabbie" ... Jeez that boy couldn't miss out a chance of a homemade luncheon, or Cherry Cheese Cake !!!"


"Homemade Soup, choice of sandwich, and cheesecake, along with coffee or tea for a total of $7.00; really where can you have all of that goodness for that price?"


Sharon was kind enough to stop for me to make a couple of errands on our way home.  She even did a U-turn when both our eyes caught this sight in a field we were passing by ...

"Really isn't that the sweetest little Mini horse foal you have ever seen?"


Once Sharon had dropped me off back at my vehicle, I made one more stop then headed home as quick as I could, as by this time it was 3 pm.  YIKES !  my gang would all have their legs crossed I was sure.  They were all fine when I did make it home, but then I was gone again ...

I had gathered together donations from local Southampton and Port Elgin businesses for the Silent Auction tomorrow.   These businesses were very generous, so there will be some pretty nice items there to bid on.  Anyhow I had to go back out to deliver them to organizers Tim and Sarah of the Green Door Cafe in Wiarton.


"This was the donation my friend, Lisa of Yard Works, and myself and My Checkerboard Aussies donated for the Silent Auction.  Thanks Lisa for going in on this with me, as well as making and providing it."


I finally did make it back home to stay, but it  had been 6 pm by the time that happened.   While Rob looked after the gang for me, I got our Dinner of a baked Chicken Breast and Romaine Side salad ready.

YIKES ! it is after 8 pm already, no wonder I am tired.  Grammar, or spelling errs? sorry but I am all in but for my Shirt tail, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard."

9 comments:

  1. Optimist Lynn Wright26 April 2013 at 20:58

    thanks so much Cindy for the great photos and coverage of our event. We appreciate all you do for the Optimist club.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fashion show looks like it was a great time!! :) And that soup looks perfect! Yum!! :) Hope you get a good nights rest now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Local events are always the best.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a busy and fun day you had, my friend! I'm glad you went!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a wonderful time. Thanks for joining us at the Let' Get Social Sunday party. Have a wonderful day:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for linking up to Sunday Social at Call Me PMc ~Paula

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm 'Hopping' on over from the Let's Get Social Sunday hop! I am now following your blog!! ~KM http://kraftymax.blogspot.com/2013/04/linky-party-42813.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like you had a great time. I'm so glad you got to go and spend time with others. And it's so awesome that you won that lamp! Hope you had a great weekend.

    Heidi’s Wanderings

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like you enjoyed yourself on both occasions.

    And one can never pass a chance to have cheesecake.

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...