Thursday 17 March 2011

Wishing The Luck of the Irish to You All ~ Happy St. Paddy's Day !

Green socks, tops, panties....in some form or another we all try to wear the "green" on St. Paddy's Day, or drink it in the form of 'green beer', lol.  It is not only St. Paddy's Day it is also my Doggie Niece, Pixi's Birthday !  Pixi's provider & Mom is my niece, Joanne.  Pixi is 2 years old today.  Her Mom gave her a Birthday Party this Saturday past & made her the most beautiful cake.  Happy Birthday Dear Pixi Girl !



Looks like Pixi not only got a cake, but also new "leg warmers" for her birthday; way to go Pixi !  Oh the little guy in the background by the door is Pixi's senior brother, Budd (he is a little dog, not a cat, lol).  We will have to feature 'Bud' when his birthday comes around next.  Just incase that 'special' pet, that is part of your family, would enjoy some doggie treats or a Birthday Cake (like the one Joanne made for Pixi) you can find a suitable recipe here:

http://www.dog-treat-recipe-exchange.com/

Since it is St. Paddy's Day I thought I would share some "Irish Recipes".  Personally my most very favorite is Corned Beef & Cabbage.....ummmmmmmm.  I don't get it to often, as not to mention any names, Rob, doesn't care for it.  Hummmmmfffff to Rob.  LOL. 

Corned Beef & Cabbage (I would try this in my slow cooker):

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Corned-Beef-and-Cabbage-I/Detail.aspx

Irish Soda Bread:

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/irish-soda-bread/30720399-c19a-48c9-9798-a8185cd7f85a?sr=2&st=7#/?term=irish+soda+bread&pi=1&mr=20


Irish Cream Chocolate Tart (this looks soooo forbidding):

https://lifemadedelicious.ca/en/Recipes/I/Irish-Cream-Chocolate-Tart.aspx

I am definitely going to try out the Irish Soda Bread to go along with the Corned Beef & Cabbage, however since I still have some Chocolate Mud Cake left over I will have to wait to experiment with the Irish Cream Chocolate Tart.

I must comment on the outing Aiden James & I had yesterday.....a fantastic time was had by all.  Aiden had such a good time, he actually told his father on the phone this morning he was coming back this summer to see his cousins !!!!  Aunt Gladys, Cousin Vi & I put out a great lunch of grilled cheese, pickle tray, Mud Cake and Rainbow cupcakes.  We even had to unexpected guests in the form of Cousin Troy & Uncle Basil, so we were quite outnumbered by the male gender.

Our gracious Hostess, my Aunt Gladys, Aiden & Brodie's Great Great Aunt & Logan's Grandma, getting her camera ready for that perfect shot of our three boys:


The "boys", Aiden, Brodie & Logan:


Upon our leaving to come back home to North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard, there were promises made for a summer get together......and then there will be another story to tell at that time !

My mind has so busy with St. Paddy's Day, Birthday & Cousins, I almost forgot to see what our Weather Day is going to bring, so here it is:

Today:

A mix of sun and cloud. Becoming sunny late this morning. Increasing cloudiness late this afternoon. Wind becoming southwest 30 km/h late this morning. High 13. UV index 4 or moderate.
 

Tonight:

Cloudy. Rain beginning this evening and ending before morning. Wind west 30 km/h. Low plus 2.


High of 13, looking pretty good.

I am thinking Aiden & I will be making a trip into town today to check out the library, as there is to be a 10:30 story time, so I suppose I best get dangling here (funny how we pickup saying from our parents like "dangling", lol).  Aiden's Mom, Holly & his little brother, Conner, are arriving later today so we have lots to be dangling about before their arrival ........

No comments:

Post a Comment

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...