Monday 28 March 2011

Puppys Have More Visitors Then Parents !!!!

Let me tell you those "Magnificent Seven" have had more visitors the past couple of days then Bandit, Lexus, Rob, Mom & I have had in some whole weeks, or months for that matter!  Wow, what are they doing so right?  LOL. 

Saturday, my girlfriend, Colleen, and her sister, Heather, & Sunday, my cousins, Brad & Paula, & then cousin Jim & his girlfriend, Marti.  Cousin, Suzanne & her daugher, Paige, are coming this week. Talk about being the center of attention.  I did notice there was not one offering to come back in 7 weeks to claim one as their own; what's up with that?  LOL

My opinion is that socializing at a very young age is extremely important for any breed of dog.  It gets them used to different people, smells & environments at a young age, instead of shocking them with it all when they are older or just coming off a farm into a town or city.  Just like children, you can't over socialize them enough or teach good manners (not that my two are always the picture of manners all the time, lol, but they do love people).

I can't believe how much the "Seven" have already grown in one week & how their little personalities are developing already.  Nature is truly amazing!



This is the little boy Blue Merle & the big girl Red Merle....oh man, you should here her go on & on when she is hungry or cold.  She is not only the biggest, she is the loudest!  They are just so adorable.....

With not feeling well the past few days, I had the most wonderful break by us being invited to my Aunt Gladys & Uncle Basil's for supper yesterday.  What a meal did we ever have !  Ham, scalloped potatoes, bean casserole, ginger carrots, relish tray, fresh bread......I just put on 5 lbs by typing this menu all out!  I really appreciate when I get invited out for supper that is one thing forsure!

I took dessert, Strawberry/Rhubarb pie, which was enjoyed by Auntie, Uncle, Cousin, Vi, & her hubby, Ross, Rob & myself, even though we could all barely take another bite......



A picture of fullness it it not?  Thank you to the hostest with the mostest & her sidekick for having us for a wonderful meal once again!

The green bean casserole, made at my request I might add, is one of my favorites.  I will post two recipes under tomorrow's date, once for the bean casserole & a very good recipe I use for scalloped potatoes. 

Don't forget Easter is just around the corner, and meal planning for it will be upon us once again.

Once again, last night, I had an appointment with Insomnia; we have become quite close friends, Insomnia & I over the past couple years.  I decided I would get up to check my emails & see if there was anything interesting posted on Facebook just after midnight.  Low & behold my girlfriend, Tammy, from Kitchener was on & had sent me a message.

Tammy wanted to know if I would be interested in heading a Recipe Exchange Group on Facebook together.  Well for those who know me & my love of discussing food, I said, "sure go for it".  For you who are on Facebook are added to Tammy & Cindy's Recipe Exchange, you do have the option of removing yourself from the group, so don't feel you have to be committed.  The recipes we will be posting have either interested one of us, or have actually been tried, tested & trued by us.  So feel free to post your opinions, experiences & your recipes!

I heard the weather is to be getting warmer (sorry to hear Newfoundland is getting whacked by snow, sorry dear Jeanne & Elsie that you are having a turn at what we have already had).  Let's see what our local airport has to report on this:

Today:

Sunny this morning and early this afternoon then a mix of sun and cloud with 30 percent chance of flurries this afternoon. High minus 2. UV index 4 or moderate.
 

Tonight:

Cloudy periods with 30 percent chance of flurries. Low minus 7
 

Ummmm, what's with those flurries in this report?  I think I will choose to ignore that part & enjoy the sunny sky.

I am feeling better today, thank goodness, as I have some things that need attending to, before I can no longer see the tops of my bedroom dressers for want of dust! 

Signing off into the first of a new week ahead, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...