Wednesday 9 March 2011

A Late Start on a Gray Morning

Today is grey and I have only gotten my first coffee into me.  I suppose that is the hazzard to one that wakes up in the 'wee' hours of the morning watching repeats of the Golden Girls (which I am such a fan of, and love Betty White in her New Sitcom, Hot in Cleveland), and not falling back to sleep until it is almost time to arise.  Ha,ha,ha, but I do love watching those Golden Girls !  Can't find a better reason not to sleep .....

To give some reasoning to this grey morning maybe the Weather forecast from the Wiarton Airport can shed some light on the situation:


Today:



Cloudy. 30 percent chance of wet snow this morning. Wet snow beginning this morning. Amount 5 cm. Wind becoming southeast 20 km/h this morning. High plus 1.



Tonight:



Rain. Wind southeast 20 km/h. Temperature rising to 6 by morning.

I love some postings put out by the Old Farmer's Almanac, and have it in my favorites so I may pick or choose by a click.  Here is some Weather Wit & Wisdom they had posted yesterday that I found interesting:
 

http://www.almanac.com/video/weather-wit-wisdom-january-video

We managed, yesterday, to get all the material (hopefully) together for the putting together of the whelping box, so this will be my point of focus today (other then the usual boring stuff like making the bed, washing dishes, making supper for Rob & my Mom.....etc, etc, etc).  The 'big' day is fast approaching as Lexus' due date is around or about the 24th of March.  For those who are not familar with a dog's gestation period it is only 63 days !  Amazing how those little fur balls can form so fast, is it not?  I am really appreciative to the community for their support.  I called the Wiarton Echo yesterday and asked them if they recycled their newspapers.  The gentleman I spoke to told me they did, and I asked if I could pick some up as we were soon to have puppies in our household and could use lots.  He told me I was more then welcome to "recyle them again" !  LOL......which he certainly had me doing after that remark.  Other members of the community have been more then willing to let me put up posters advertising the sale of these puppies in their establishments.  Now if I could convince them all to each buy a puppy I would have no need for all this adverstising......  PS.  Shoud anyone know people that absolutely love Australian Shepherds, send them my way !   I appreiate word of mouth advertising too !

Another group located in Wiarton is the" Explore the Bruce" (I have shared their posting on Facebook from time to time).  I was looking for things to do on March Break when our grandson is visiting, so they actually posted an Event Calander on the sidebar of their site that will list upcoming monthly events.  Isn't that great?  Thanks "Gem  (Jason) & All the Staff at Explore the Bruce".  Should any of you like to follow Explore the Bruce on Facebook here is their link:

http://www.facebook.com/ExploreTheBruce?ref=ts

Hohum, I suppose I should get off my duff (notice I didn't say 'fat', as I have really been working hard on that aspect.... another day & another blog), and get my day started.  I love starting my day in the mornings.  I am a morning person, and if I don't get going early I have always felt I missed out on the best part of the day for some reason.

Oh by the way, the Smoked Ham done in the slow cooker was totally awesome !  The broth is in the fridge.  I will skim off the fat, strain it through cheesecloth & there I have broth to make soup for today !

I am off and running......(getting dressed first).  Have a 'great' day to whomever is out there !!!!!

Brief update:

Those poor Robins must be very confused as you can tell by the amount of wet snow we are getting at the moment:

Stay warm & dry.

2 comments:

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...