Monday 22 April 2013

I Do LOVE My Girls

Last night was, once again, not a very restful night of sleep for me.  Regardless I laid in bed until there was a grey light outside our bedroom window.  Finally, it was just before 6 am.  I got up.

Rob got up shortly after I did.  We had a coffee, then he headed down the highway with his "Crabby Cabbie" hat on by 6:30 am.  I got dressed then proceeded downstairs for my morning routine with Lexus, Mercedes and Buddy.  What I found to greet me this morning was one of those things you would much rather be happening to someone else.

My Facebook status included the photo of Mercedes with the "grin" and the following caption:

"Please do not laugh at my expense ... oh go ahead, as we all could use a good laugh whether it is at me or someone else.   Mercedes is due to have her litter of pups any day now. The pressure has been so extreme for her, she could not wait to be let out, whatever time through the night this happened. I have a very huge, not very solid mess to clean up before I do anything else to start my day ... phewie !!! I am having a coffee first before I attempt the dreaded mess. Show of hands who might like to come to help with a pail of hot water and vinegar ???? For the love of my Aussies xx"


Hahahaha ... you can well imagine some of the response of support that were commented on this post by my "friends".  One particular comment that stands out was from my friend, Cathy, "What a mess! Sorry about that Cindy, love to help but, er, I'm washing my hair...."   Really what would I do without all my "friends"?

I was grateful it was a lovely morning with the Sun out in full force and no sign of rain.  

Once I had take Mercedes on her morning out and about, I put her in the outside kennel run, took everyone for their morning jaunt then resolved myself to tackling the "mess".  Yes Lynn, the dustpan was a big help, as was the big pail of hot water and scrub brush.

"Here is my little Missy Mercedes all happy, loving and grateful for me to being such a wonderful Mama."


 Since I was already hard at it in the basement I thought I might as well get started on the rest of it.  I equipped myself with the Shop Vac and broom and got right at it.  With a load of laundry washed and hung out as well, I think I finished up just before the Lunch Hour.

"Lexus is such a pretty girl.  She watched on while I was busy doing the stairway."


Yes, regardless of the many ups and downs, or messes, I do LOVE my girls, as they have given me much joy and amusement from the first day each of them came home with us.  Unique and quirky, each in their own special ways.

Since I knew I was going to "tuckered" out by the time Dinner time rolled around, I put some Sirloin steaks into the Slow Cooker on top of Carrots, and topped with a sprinkle of Montreal Steak Spice, a couple of dashes of Worcestershire Sauce and Soya, then a layer of sliced onions.

"With some potatoes boiled to serve on the side, Dinner was ready to sit down to by the time Rob arrived back home.  Easy Peasy as 1-2-3 and Very Good !"


Rob had been so tired yesterday afternoon, since he had not gotten home until 3:30 am, I didn't have the heart to not let him sleep and do the job we had planned on doing.  It was all good, as after Dinner tonight we got to it.

"We had been fortunate enough to get a small end piece of flooring last week from an installer.  We were able to cut 2 pieces the size of the whelping box, putting one away for another time.   The metal edger strips were not so "cheap", costing $15.00 for 2 small pieces."


Before I helped Rob by cutting the pieces out, I took Mercedes out for a wee run.  She had just "squatted" down when a pair of sparrow flitted onto the ground right in front of her, and "snap" she had one in her mouth.  That little sparrow never had a chance.  It took me some time, but she finally dropped it and Rob disposed of it later.  Oh man I really didn't have a good time with witnessing this, even though this is life as it is.

"The flooring installed it got the "once over" from Mercedes.  I am hoping it will work out very well for all of us concerned, being Mercedes for delivering, and me for cleaning."


Pssst .... I know I am a pain, but until the 6th of May I hope I am a lovable "pain".  Because of YOUR support and daily votes we are now at 314 Votes, 44 more then yesterday.  Many thanks to friends who have also been sharing the link to their own personal Facebook pages, what a wonderful gesture on all your parts. 

Hardly enough when I look at some people's Small Businesses with Votes already in the high hundreds, however I still need to try my best.   Once again, please Vote daily for MY "Crabby Cabbie", until the 6th of May, here is the link:

https://www.loveourlocalbusiness.com/base/lolb2desktop?region_id=ca-en&content_id=20580

As always, and forever, Thank YOU !!!  from me and my ....

Serving Saugeen Shores & Area.  
Southampton:  519-373-7700 or Port Elgin:  519-379-7700

More sharing in our communities for this upcoming weekend, so get your calendars back out for tomorrow's post.  

The cuteness "fix" I promised last night can be found HERE.

I am feeling pretty content that I accomplished what I did today.  Lexus, Mercedes and Bandit even got some individual "fetch" time with me this afternoon.  I have to pickup another long lead leash to start working with Buddy on "fetching".... really it has been quite the challenge having a dog that I hadn't raised from a pup.  I would never give him up for the World, however I wish I could have him off leash more..... maybe some day, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

10 comments:

  1. can't wait to see the new puppies...

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  2. All such beautiful dogs, but my heart aches to see them living in crates. Do they spend most of their time in your basement and why is that? Poor Mercedes - she looks uncomfortable...soon her pups will arrive.....Bess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mercedes isn't feeling to under the weather yet, as she was having fun out still playing a bit of fetch today. Yes they are all crate trained, as we can not have 4 dogs as house pets, or we would have no house left. At least in our basement they are closer to me, and I can hear them at all times, rather out in a separate building away from the house. I take them each out every 2 hours. Bandit used to go into the basement in the heat in the Summer and I would find he had gone into his "crate" as the door would be open. It is their "space" or "cave" in other words. Crate training is far from uncommon; I used crate training with our German Shepherds over 20 years ago.

      Delete
  3. Sorry you didn't sleep well again Cindy. Snippet killed a vole a couple of months ago and all he was doing was what he's been bred to do. It doesn't make it any easier seeing them do it though does it? A lot of people seem to forget what dogs were meant to do. They haven't always been pets! Hope you sleep better tonight. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Em, unfortunately people do forget what dogs are meant to do at times. They are wonderful companions and protectors, however you are right they do have a natural instinct to be what they are to be, and I do not know why some are horrified at this. Just like cats killing birds and bunnies; really no one should be "serious" about scolding them it is nature as it always has been in the food chain.

      Delete
  4. Been voting for Crabby Cabbie and hope he is one of the lucky ones picked -- Did I misread this -- thought it said we could vote until 5/12?

    Your dogs look wonderfully well taken care of and loved! Looking forward to seeing the new puppies --

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH NO ! I have to bug everyone to May 12th !!! you poor people. Thanks for you Votes Jean. And yes our dogs are very well taken care of and loved. They are a huge part of my life. I am very excited about what this new litter will bring us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a puddly type accident to clean up his morning too...*sigh* life with animals!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love my dogs too. I dunno where I would be without them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And it seems it still took the better part of two weeks for Mercedes to get into the swing of puppyhood, didn't it?

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...