Sunday 28 April 2013

Finally A "First" All Together Family Photo

This morning my "Crabby Cabbie" husband arrived home at 5:30 am.  I was sitting up waiting for my poor dear.  He had a very busy night behind him.  After telling me a few happenings of his evening, needless to say he went straight off to bed. 

One of the happenings Rob did tell me, I posted to his Facebook page this morning as follows:

The "Crabby Cabbie" really appreciated the Saugeen Shores Police approaching him at 3:30 am this morning to thank him for the great job him and his driver, Carolyn, did on providing rides to people to take them home from the Bars last night. They also stated it was almost a "trouble free" night for them last night. This is what we LOVE to hear !


Both Rob and I felt honored that the hard work he puts in week after week was actually being noticed.  Rob most certainly appreciated hearing such wonderful "feedback" especially from the Community's own Police Force, as well as from many of his Customers.  Hearing positive, makes it worth all the hard work trying to give good service and build honest Customer relations on a daily basis.  Thank you to Saugeen Shores, Southampton and Port Elgin !!!

I was to get Rob back up at 10 am, as we were meeting our boys today at a halfway mark for lunch and to give them their Easter Gifts. It had been so long I was "Over the World" excited at the prospect of seeing them.

While Rob slept for not long enough, I busied myself with a few household chores, a couple outings with the Aussie gang, and then a shower prior to getting him up.  He was up, showered and we were out the door towards the Redwood Restaurant in Clifford just after 10:30 pm.  We still had to go gas up in Southampton and meet up with the boys for 1 pm.  We were all on time within minutes of our meeting time.

"Outside in at the park prior to going into the Restaurant our "big" kid Paul, welding a plastic toy gun.  Boys will always be boys, no matter their age, and my Baby Boy will always be that to me.  There is smartie pants Connor picking lemon seeds from his teeth after sucking back on a piece of Lemon and a bottle of Dad's Root Beer.  Aiden sitting intently listening.  It was all so wonderful ... my heart was full being with them as I love them beyond the Moon and back."


"Check out some of the food fare we had served up to us at the Redwood Restaurant.  Caesar Salad, Grilled Chicken Burger loaded with cheese and mushrooms, local raised Beef liver smothered in cooked onions, Sirloin Strip Steak loaded with mushrooms and onions... it was all beyond good !"


Every time we have been by the Redwood, its parking lot is usually always full, so I called ahead the other day to guarantee we would have seats.  Clifford is not quite a halfway mark between our place and Kitchener.

Then came time for our very first Family Photo that we roped a very kind soul into being patient enough to "snap" some photos of us.

"One, two, three, four .... no score."


"Five, six, seven, eight ... was it ever going to happen???"


"Finally we did it !  managed one that wasn't too bad other then Connor ready to suck back on that Dad's Rootbeer, and my dear, Rob, with a smoke in his hand.  Regardless, I will take it as it is  US, as we are .... "


After the boy's left for home with their Easter gifts, Rob and I had one stop at the Canadian Tire Store in Hanover before we arrived back home to .....

"Happy Aussies and one very "chubby" Mercedes with yet no puppies."


Really today is only 63 days of the gestation, and it is not abnormal, as like humans, for them to go under or over the 63 days.  No worries or cause for alarm yet.  But I must admit I am getting pretty darn impatient and excited for them to arrive myself, never mind the others lined up to have one for their own.


Pssst .... here I am again, but until the 12th of May I hope I am a lovable "pain".  Because of YOUR support and daily votes we are now at 510 Votes, 52 more then two days ago.  Many thanks to friends who have also been sharing the link to their own personal Facebook pages, what a wonderful gesture on all your parts. 

Hardly enough when I look at some people's Small Businesses with Votes already in the high hundreds, however I still need to try my best.   Once again, please Vote daily for MY "Crabby Cabbie", until the 12th of May, here is the link:

https://www.loveourlocalbusiness.com/base/lolb2desktop?region_id=ca-en&content_id=20580

As always, and forever, Thank YOU !!!  from me and my ....

Serving Saugeen Shores & Area.  
Southampton:  519-373-7700 or Port Elgin:  519-379-7700


My wonderful husband went straight to bed once we had arrived home and had the gang all out.  Do I blame him?  NEVER !  I am feeling a bit weary myself with another busy week ahead of me, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

9 comments:

  1. Lovely picture of you and your family! I love the way your hair is blowing back in the wind! It's so precious to have those pictures!
    We love stopping at the Redwood for a meal as well. It's always delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I LOVE the family portrait and congrats to your husband for being recognized for his great work. B

    ReplyDelete
  3. that good that you were able to all get together, you look so happy.

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the family picture! Looks like alot of fun! (p.s. I have been voting daily too!)
    Here's hoping those pups come soon! More cuteness to enjoy seeing. In a past post I think I read that Elliot's was sold and re-open? We religiously go for the key lime pie and the corn in season while we are up there vacationing - are the current owners keeping up with the same market-style theme? I sure hope so :) they had some awesome pie and the best corn around!
    have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Monica; yes the Soloway's are doing Market Garden as well. I will have to pop over to meet them someday soon should I ever find time. They used to own the Foodland Store in Wiarton.

      Delete
    2. Psst.... thanks for your Vote always !

      Delete
  5. Oh I am so happy you were finally able to see your "boys"! What a blessing that was for you:) BTW, you are the most love able pain ever! And we will just keep clicking! With my memory, I appreciate the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miss Mercedes is looking really big. I bet puppies are going to be cute and big :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That steak entree is looking quite tempting right about now!

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...