Wednesday 1 August 2012

Pretty Sure I Got A Handle On It Now !

I can not believe our "Checkerboard Aussies" allowed me to stay in bed late two mornings running .... are they all "pooped" out too from Aiden and Connor's week long visit????  Regardless I enjoyed staying in bed until just after the hour of 7:00 am this morning.

Here we are already halfway through the Summer months.  August 1st?  how did you creep up so fast?

Does anyone else notice the older they get the faster time seems to fly by?

Remember growing up when School let out for the Summer, those two months vacation seemingly dragged on forever, wondering if the School Year was ever going to get started again ..... oh how I miss those days at times.  Those were wonderful times without too many cares or worries in life, were they not?

"I began the day with getting the "Crabby Cabbie" month end billing done.  The month end bookkeeping is still waiting to be done, but I was prioritizing today, with other more important things pending."


"I wanted to remain on schedule about being diligent on cleaning each and every room in our upstairs living quarters this week.  Stay focused is what I had to set my mind at."


"You can not imagine how many "spiders" I sucked up into the vacuum cleaner today.  Lots of webs to be found in behind furniture, along corners and in crevices.  As my sister, Donna, told me if I have spiders I don't have to worry about those other little critters in the house.  What other little critters was she referring to I wonder?  LOL.  However what is pictured here, before I sucked it up, is not a spider, it is a "Daddy Longlegs", so I had learned from my nephew a few years back.  More information on what a Daddy Longlegs is?  "Click" HERE."


I spent a good part of the morning dusting, vacuuming and washing floors, finally stopping around 11:30 am to begin thinking about our Dinner.  I did manage to get a "huge" chunk accomplished.

"While Rob was busy doing some of his own "Crabby Cabbie" paperwork, I got busy .... "


"I started out with this rather large head of Cauliflower we had in the fridge since last week really having to be used up by today in my books."


I had pulled out the recipe for Cauliflower Casserole the day before, but when began preparations for making it I realized I had no milk in the fridge.

"Down our lane way I headed .... "


"Going by where our property line adjoins our neighbours."


"Being thankful that my neighbours, Elliot's Garden Center carries milk as one of their refrigerated staples !"


"Perfect there goes Ed Elliot himself heading towards the store.  I haven't seen him for a little while so maybe we can have a wee bit of neighbourly "catch up"."


"Yes, Ed and I did get to share a little bit while I made my milk purchase.  He even told me that eaten down tomato plant was exactly what I had suspected, "a deer".  Dang those dear deer making my garden their dinner table !  I was doing a rain prayer in my head on the walk back home towards that dark cloud cover, but for some darn reason it just wasn't meant to be ... no rain again today."


"Back home the steaks were nicely marinating at room temperature."


"I got right all over getting the Cauliflower Casserole happening.  Celery and mushrooms being sauteed."


"Flour and dry mustard all ready to be added to make the roux with the milk on standby to be slowly added in until thickened."


"One of the best ingredients, in goes the cheese stirred in until melted."


"Sauce poured over the pre-cooked cauliflower, topped with buttered Panko crumbs and put on the BBQ to heat thoroughly."


"Then there is the aftermath to contend with .... "


"Another of our favourite vegetable dishes cooked to perfection .... "


"Served alongside the perfectly grilled steak by no other then, Rob !  Thanks honey, credit to where credit is due goes out again to you on this one."



Recipe please?
Photo & Recipe Submitted by Exchange Member~Cindy Masterson-Roth.

Cauliflower Casserole

1 large cauliflower
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1/3 cup finely chopped celery
1/4 cup butter
2 Tbsp. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. dry mustard
1 1/4 cups milk
1 cup grated Cheddar Cheese
1/2 cup cracker crumbs
2 Tbsp. melted butter

Break cauliflower into florets and cook until tender; drain. Saute mushrooms & celery in butter until tender. Blend in flour, salt & mustard. Gradually stir in milk and cook until mixture comes to a boil stirring constantly. Add cheese & stir until melted. Put cauliflower into buttered 1 1/2 quart casserole dish & pour sauce over. Combine cracker crumbs with melted butter & sprinkle over casserole. Bake at 350*F for 30 minutes.
Serves 4




Rob left for his "Crabby Cabbie" work and I carried on with some cleaning.


"The Ficus plant got a much needed shower with the hose and ... "


"... the front foyer got a much needed "lick and promise" with the floor still needing washed.  Stuff on the Deacons Bench?  so I won't forget to take along to my Mother this Friday."




With the foyer and livingroom floors still needing washed, I decided enough was enough, as my BFF had been on my mind quite a bit lately, so I said "no more" today.  I called Colleen up and said I would be over for a little outing this afternoon.


We ended up driving down to Sauble Beach, as they live just on the edge on the main highway to the Beach, to the Dairy Queen for a treat and much chit chat.  We had a great visit.


"Once back at Colleen's, I got a little loving from Prince and Chelsea."


"As Colleen and I were sitting outside before I took my leave we had a whirly bird show to watch overhead."


"This Helicopter was putting on a fantastic show for us while he was spraying the corn fields on each side of the highway.  A bonus ending to our outing."





"Our house is looking pretty clean and lovely upstairs now, with me believing "I am pretty sure I got a handle on it now".  Really now, do you think anyone will arrive on our doorstep to visit while it is like this?  No that will wait until I am quite behind again, will it not?  LOL."




Before I wrap things up here, I would like to welcome the newest follower, Amanda of Crafty in the Med.  Thanks for joining along, Amanda, I look forward to all your future comments.


Oopsies, as Aiden would say, it is 9:16 pm, and I still need to take all four of the "Checkerboard Aussies"  in, out and about, before I can even think about calling it a night, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

5 comments:

  1. Mmm...Can I come for dinner? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house looks so nice all fresh and clean. I so need to get back on a good schedual, this summer has been a bust in the cleaning dept.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you please come and clean our house???? We're having a family party on Saturday and there's so much cat/dog hair in the house we could make fur coats.

    Cauliflower casserole looks AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The food seems yummy which makes me hungry and lovely cleaned house indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. don't suppose you could pop by and clean my house when you're done!!!!

    Gill

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...