Monday 6 August 2012

Hello Vacation Bible School Day One !

"Last Night at our house the "tooth" was prepared and awaiting the arrival of the Tooth Fairy under the watchful eye of Logan the Fish Light."


Inflation in the Fairy World has really gone up sky high these days, as Aiden awoke to a $5.00 Bill this morning in place of his tooth, or teeth are a real commodity now a days????  Um ... wonder if the Fairy relaying the amount paid will reimburse the "Top Fairy" some day ?  .... lol, we will see.

Before I get into reflecting back on my day, and I forget ... SHOUT OUT to Wiarton & Surrounding area !!!!

"Mark your Calendar for this Wednesday night as there is going to be some FUN to be had ..."



Back to my day as it was ....

"Chores done (Grandma chores), breakfast had and lunch made all ready for the day ahead."


"Yep so was the Rip Tail Snorter # 1 kid all ready by the looks of it here as today was .... "


"The first day of Vacation Bible School hosted by the Wiarton's Salvation Army Church."


"There to greet us first thing this morning was Tess Ayles Hutt (R.E.C.E.) Youth Coordinator for the Salvation Army Church.  Really if you have not met Tess before, she is quite the wonderful person with a real genuine passion for children."


I don't know how Tess keeps up with it all, as after a week with one Rip Tail Snorter or two, I am done like dinner, never mind 30+ all at once !!!  My hat goes off to how much of herself this lady puts into her job ... thanks Tess !

Once Aiden was all settle in I headed back home to get a second and third load of laundry washed and out on the clothes line.  When my niece and I had been out last week I had been telling her about the new top I had bought and staining the first time I had bought.  She then told me about this product her Step-Mother uses that she tried which even removed an old stain and also a tomato based stain !

"I had to pick this product up from Giant Tiger to give it a try myself.  Let me tell you I washed the same shirt again only spraying a bit of this on it first and the stain was removed when taken from the washer machine.  I was impressed, especially when it had removed grease stains from the front of one of Rob's "Crabby Cabbie" shirts that had been there for a couple of weeks.  For $2.97 per liter bottle I think it is worth it's weight in gold.  Psst ... don't tell them that or they will raise the price of it you know???"


Speaking of my niece, Joanne, she just so happened to have popped in to see us this morning, bringing along her Sodmistic Machine to show me all about it what she had been trying to explain to me .... oh man I am very impressed with what I was shown.

"Here is the unit itself.  I was very impressed with the Soda Water Jo made for me to taste, then Rob with the Pepsi she made next for him.  All done with this one little machine that sits so nicely on the counter top."




This nifty little machine makes soda water (for less the cost) or pop at a cost of 52 cents per liter !  also giving you NO recycling, NO carrying heavy awkward cases or bottles, NO watching sales flyers for sales on pop, with it providing you with taking it ANYWHERE with you and a great savings of time and money at your fingertips with the convenience of owning one of these units.

For more information, Joanne, Distributor for Sodamistic, would be happy to demonstrate the unit personally for anyone interested by emailing me at justnorthofwiarton@gmail.com with your contact information which I will pass along to Joanne.  Need to know more information on these really cool units, check them out at the following link:  http://sodamistic.com/

"The demonstration by Joanne comes at "no cost", however for me there is always a cost attached .... payment rendered as noted below."


"Between everything else in my busy day, I also managed to put up the picture I had gotten at a Garage Sale this past Saturday which had cost me a whole $1.00.   Not perfect straight yet, however it fits in very nicely with its surroundings and colour scheme."


"My sister, Donna and I love Snowmen.  I was pleased when I picked this up at a good price to gift Donna.  I am sure she will be surprised.  One of those gifts you buy for someone else but wish there had been two so you could keep the one for yourself.   Is it not adorable?"


"I made it out into the Garden today to get a few vegetables for our evening Dinner."


"Then went on a "Crabby Cabby" run with Rob  We had to go through Sauble Beach where traffic was beginning to get a bit heavy with people thinking about maybe heading back to the City after the Holiday weekend."


"When Rob and I got back into Wiarton we went to collect Aiden from VBS.  I had to wait about 20 minutes as he had been in a middle of a game."


"He had actually "won" and moved on to be the leader of the next game up.  They were all having plenty of fun and laughs these kids were ... as I too was while watching."



"Heading home North of Wiarton, the traffic heading South was getting very busy.  Ha !  Nice now we live on the Bruce Peninsula we don't have to make that trip South anymore."


"Aiden had to get Poppa to set up Bandit's new watering dish for him to try out.  Bandit was very happy with his new waterer I had gotten at a Garage Sale for $6.00, considering brand new they retail for about $30.00 or so.  She "scores" again !"


Once I had gathered all the laundry in from the clothes line I got right on making our Dinner.  I was trying out a new recipe my friend, Leona, had given me for a Zucchini Casserole.

"Ingredients all gathered ready to put together."


"Was I ever impressed when cracking open this egg to find out it was a double yolker !"


Where do I get my "Farm Fresh Eggs" from?  Where other then ....


"Casserole all ready to be heated thoroughly on the BBQ once covered with a bit of foil wrap."


"The finished product "Hot off the Press BBQ" !"


"Dinner was served ... notice the abundance of colour on my plate?"


Recipe please?
Photo Courtesy of Exchange Member~Cindy Masterson-Roth.
Recipe Courtesy of Exchange Member~Leona Jack

Zucchini Casserole

2 1/2 c. shredded zucchini
1 1/4 c. cracker crumbs (set aside 1/4 c.)
1/4 c. melted butter
3/4 c. shredded cheese
1 egg lightly beaten
2 tsp onion
1 garlic, minced

Place all in 8" square pan; top with remaining 1/4 cup crumbs. Bake at 325*F for 1 Hour.


Aiden, Rob and I all enjoyed this Zucchini Casserole.  Another recipe into my favourites.


Once supper was over with we headed out to Dejong Acres Farm as I was actually running low on eggs.  We had a nice little visit with Anita and Brian, while Aiden played with the girls.  Then it was time to head back home .....




"... as it was almost time to be calling it a night."






"Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

5 comments:

  1. Hello there
    I am chuckling as I read your description of your preparation for the visit from Ms Tooth Fairy....as you say inflation has hit all sectors mythical ones as well.
    Our tooth fairy went through a stage of bringing practical gifts to my daughter when she was little. Although it was stretching my daughter's imagination to the limits when she received a beach kit which included bucket and spade and other bits delivered by the tooth fairy. There were a lot of queries the next morning about how a little tooth fairy could manage to deliver all this....hubby's answer was...she's a Spanish beach tooth fairy...it was clear my daughter wasn't very happy with that answer so the tooth fairy went back to leaving cash again.

    Poor Bandit what did he do that was so naughty?

    Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you had a full day!!!! Can't wait to get back on my feet again so I to can get things done. Your garden veggies are looking great

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a wonderful letter written by my now 24 year old son when he lost his tooth. he wrote to the tooth fairy apologizing for losing his tooth and requesting that she still leave some money! Love the look of the zuccini casserole - might try that one. You do have busy days xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. another comprehensive and fascinating snippet of your life
    (love the night lamp!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the look of that zucinni casserole too. I can't get zucinni around here at all - well the grocery store brings it in from who knows where, but that doesn't count. Still hoping to get some fresh local stuff.

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...