Saturday 11 August 2012

Busy, Busy, Then Busier !

"Three dipping eggs with one piece of Toast was the order for breakfast this morning to start out Aiden's day."


"We most certainly have been getting the long overdue rain we have been praying for the past month.  From afternoon until this morning there was 2" in the Rain Gauge.  I emptied this morning  with just looking now to see there is another 2 1/2 " with it still coming down."


"The gardens have been screaming some time for this rain to arrive."


With breakfast out of the way we had to get going on preparations for the upcoming Masterson Family Reunion.

"Thank goodness I had an extra pair of hands to help me out."


"Once the boy was done mixing the wet, Grandma was left to fold in the dry and shredded Zucchini."


"Into the Oven the two pans of Chocolate Zucchini brownies went."


"A little bit smarter then I once was, I now slip printed recipes into plastic page protectors I picked up last Year for a very cheap cost at Walmart at a Back to School Sale."


"Once the Brownies were cooled the topping was melted on stove top.  Chocolate meets Peanut Butter ... Yummy !"


"The finished product.  Aiden and I each had 2 pieces for our lunch, shame for shame...lol."

Recipe please?

Zucchini Brownies

1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1/4 cup cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups shredded zucchini

In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Beat in yogurt and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; Gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in zucchini.

Pour into a greased 13 x 9 baking pan bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes. Or until done. 

NOTE:  These brownies were more of a texture of a chocolate cake then a brownie to me, so I thought. Very good though.


"Then we carried on to the Bananas."




"I am thinking it must have been about lunch time when the baking was all finished up with."



"Yes the baking was done by lunchtime, as I recall putting in the chicken at 11:38.  A flashback of memory, this is a good thing."



"Guess who arrived after lunch time????  Chevy spent some time chilling out while he was taking in a TV program this afternoon."


"Bandit was out playing some ball with one of his favourite persons.  He was so hot and tuckered out the puddle must have felt like a cooler to him .... needless to say he has been in the basement the remainder of the day."



"Yep, the gang's all here !!! "


By the time everyone was having their supper, I was putting together a Black Bean and Feta Salad ....

"All ready in the fridge marinading itself for tomorrow."


The boys and I had a little bit of fun this afternoon, while their Mommy and Daddy were downtown getting me some salad fixings I had needed.



What a hoot  we had .... I am certain we played it over at least three times !!!

Busy, busier, then busier I have been .... I still have a 5th sinkful of dishes to be washed up from today.  That will be 6 loads of dishes washed up, as Holly had washed a load up earlier for me.

I am going to be taking the "Checkerboard Aussies" out, about and back in shortly here for the night, then hopefully have a bit of quality time with the "big" kids before we all call it a night here, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

1 comment:

  1. Going to try the brownie recipe when I get a minute.

    The woman was very strange selling me bits and bobs rather than sets of china. Her store is at the west end of the main street. I would love to work there as she has such an assortment of items that need to be displayed better.

    Gill

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...