Friday 11 March 2011

Wintery Blustery Day Please Go Away !!!!

I know March can come in like a Lion, as I am a March baby, but this is getting ridiculous as we are already half way through the month.  If I could truly be the weather person I would stick my nose out the door, give you a visual, a temperature reading and be more true then some Weather Stations.  But darn, would I get paid as much?  Anyway onward with the daily weather report:

Today:

Snow ending this afternoon then cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries. Amount 5 cm. Wind north 30 km/h. Temperature steady near zero.
 

Tonight:

Cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries this evening. Clearing near midnight. Wind northwest 20 km/h becoming light early this evening. Low minus 3.
 

Anyhow I have stuck my nose out the door, and it is +4 C., very wet & windy with blustery snow.  Yech, yech, yech..  For those who have to go out into this wintery mess today, please drive careful, as I know I will be (or Rob if I get him to drive me around & call myself Miss Daisy).

Onward to the most fun part of my life....what to do with my day in between a 9 am & a 1:30 pm appointment.  Oh I almost forgot I am going to have some "me" time & go hang at my girlfriend's this afternoon, weather permitting.  Looking forward to that.  I guess the rest of the in between will be make the bed, do the dishes, and once again think about what's for supper.

Speaking of food (one of my most favorite subjects), I did get that homemade soup made yesterday & it was just totally awesome !!!  There was onions, turnips, celery, carrots, cabbage, mushrooms, dried soup mix, mixed beans.....(oops, just realized I forgot the peas), served up with grilled cheese sandwiches.  Yummy, Rob even commented that it would be great to have again today, how much easier could that aspect of my life get !!!  I had almost forgot about his comment, so there I have no need to think about what's for supper.

We, or shall I say "Rob" had a very productive morning yesterday, and finally completed the "Whelping Pen".  Hooray !!!!  And the best part of it all, Lexus just seems to love it !!!  As you can most certainly tell by these pictures:


This last picture, was a look of "Thanks, Mom, for making Dad finally getting this whelping pen that I need finished"  LOL.  Thanks Rob you did another awesome job for all of us !!!

As I had mentioned earlier, our oldest grandson is coming to spend his March Break with us, so I will probably have a blog tomorrow, March 12th, later in the day, as I will be soooo busy getting our celebrity guest settled in.  In the meantime, so I don't forget, and just a reminder to myself that Daylight Savings Time is this weekend.  Here is some very useful information on that topic:

http://www.webexhibits.org/daylightsaving/b.html

"Spring ahead", you say?  Well I say, "where in the heck is Spring?"  I, for one, am truly looking forward to the longer days. 

Oh yeah, and back to food, my friend, Jiba, whom I call my Facebook Penpal (I do have a few Facebook Penpal Friends, and just love the interaction I have with each and every one), has emailed me a recipe for a cake called "Rich & Easy Mud Cake".  I will be trying this out on my new little Guinea piggie while he is here next week, so be sure to look for that upcoming episode. 

This Blogging is all new to me, as well as to some of my followers.  I have been getting some questions as to how one is to leave a "comment", so this is my understanding of how it goes: 

Select "Follow" in the top right hand corner of the blog, enter your Hotmail or Live email address (which are powered by Google).  When you go into the blog you may sign in, again located right hand corner.  Once you have entered your comment, just below there it says, "Comment As", you select this drop down box & choose "Google".  There you go, I think I got it right, as I noticed my sister had commented on the Strawberry/Rhubarb Pie, so I must have given her the proper instructions.  Sorry Jeanne, there is only one piece left & I don't think you could get up here fast enough to claim it for yourself? 

I really do "look forward" to any and every comment ! 

Time to get myself motivated and a "2nd cup of coffee" into me.  Off & running......not really but it sure sounds good.

2 comments:

  1. I will say Lexus looks quite pleased with her "nursrie" and a very nice smile....mom thinks it's for dad but it's really for auntie and uncle on the rock LOL !!!!!!!
    love and hugzzzz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job for the new mommy . Keep us posted we love to hear your daily updates.

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...