Tuesday 15 March 2011

There is Nothing Quite Like Sunshine to Smile on your Face (other then Grandchildren)

Brrrrr, the woodstove went out through the night & the temperature was -13 C this morning upon looking out.  First thing that had to be done before I had the first coffee was get that stove all fired up!  Awwww, now I am having a coffee, after that done, the boy breakfast and my ear talked off.....here I am sitting on my butt once again looking forward to what this new day will bring.  Oh and by the way, despite the cold the sun is out in full force here North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.  Okay Wiarton Airport, what is going on with the rest of the day?

Today:

Sunny with cloudy periods. High 9. UV index 5 or moderate.
 

Tonight:

Increasing cloudiness. A few showers beginning after midnight. Wind southeast 20 km/h becoming light after midnight. Low plus 3.
 

Ummm, not looking to shabby today at all with that High of 9, but think I will pass on the upcoming showers, but then again it isn't more snow.

Aiden had a very full day yesterday, between making beds, making lunch, Mariokart & bringing wood with Poppa.  Since the muffler on my car had just recently let go, Aiden & I had to take it downtown to a Angel's Garage to be mended.  We then did the downtown tour, to Bennett's Dollar Store, the Sally Ann, the bank & to Foodland to purchase a few staples, and that is where our Crabbie Cabbie came to pick us up to deliver us back home (oh have I ever mentioned my husband, Rob, has been driving a Taxi, and his brother-in-law has dubbed him the Crabby Cabbie?  Really now, he is not always crabby, I just think Darol dubbed him that as it rhymed, lol, way to go Darol, as it has stuck !).

The order of the day for supper was Bacon, Eggs & Toast.  All day long, Aiden wanted to know if I had forgot what we were having for supper, as he was the one who was to remind me.  At one point I had remembered it all when he asked me, but had somehow forgot to mention the toast!  Well, let me tell you he was quick to remind me, lol !  Once supper was actually cooked and served up, I asked Aiden how he enjoyed his supper, wherein he replied, "Grandma, all the stuff you make is good".  Now I ask, is that not a heartmelter?  

After bathtime, when it was time to do the turn on the night light & good night time, we had quite the kibitzing going back and forth between rooms.....I love you; I love you more, I love you most; I love you mostest; I love you more then mostest.....and the winner was !  "I love you more then all the mostest more, Grandma!".  Now how could that be topped?  I suppose it could have been, however I was worn to a frazzle at this point, which was all good.

Aiden & Poppa just left to go to town, so I am able to focus on the task at hand and enjoy my second cup of coffee.  Rob is having a day off so Aiden will have some more Poppa time & I get to go visit with my girlfriend this morning (after I get dressed & make the bed, of course).  Oops almost forgot must take some chicken out of the freezer for supper, as I don't think they would want Bacon & Eggs again for supper, or just maybe.....

I think when I return home & make lunch it would be a good day to drive downtown to go for a walk then check out the library.  Good plan to put in motion as it is going to be such great weather day.

Oh have I mentioned not too much housework, or anything else for that matter gets done when one has a grandchild staying with them....routine, I ask, what is that ?  Housework and routine off into the wind, as my face has a "smile" on it, as it should be.

I had mentioned earlier that my Australian girlfriend, Jiba May, had sent me a new cake recipe, so I would like to share this with everyone:

Rich and Easy Mud Cake
1 cup hot water
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup margarine
1/2 teasp bicarb soda
2 pkts chocolate instant pudding mix
1 1/2 cups SR flour
4 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup oil
1 t vanilla essence,
1/4 t salt

Grease a large ring tin and line base with baking paper.
Place first 4 ingredients in a pan and simmer 5 minutes.
Add bicarb soda and cool slightly. When cooled,
add everything else and mix well.
Pour into pan and bake for 35-40 minutes in moderate oven.
When cool, ice with chocolate icing or with chocolate yogurt frosting.

Chocolate yogurt frosting
1/3 cup butter/margarine
3 tablesp cocoa
3 cups icing sugar
1/4 cup natural yogurt
1 t vanilla
Mix well. (Use bamix to get rid of any lumps.)


I will be stopping at the grocery store today to pickup a small bag of Self-Rising Flour & Chocolate Pudding Mix, as I am anxious to try this out while Aiden is here, as he would love to help with the mixing, and licking the remainder of the batter from the bowl. 

I know I am always off & running, but I think since the house is now vacated other then Aunt Lizzie, the cat, Bandit, Lexus & Zoey, the dogs, I will leisurely saunter into my bedroom to get dressed & make the bed to enjoy the getting ready of myself for the day ahead......so nice and quite while I am still smiling !

No comments:

Post a Comment

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...