Wednesday 30 April 2014

What Is There To Stress About ?

I was up my usual early times 12:30, 2:30 and finally the last at 6:00 am.  I had to be out the door by 7:30 am as Rob was dropping off over to the Owen Sound Hospital for 8:15 registration then over to my appointment for the Stress Test I was having today.

What causes my Blood Pressure to rise, other then normal every day living?

NEEDLES !  I absolutely hate needles... truly I was not impressed as that was the first thing to take place before anything.


I first was put under a machine for 20 minutes which took photos of my Heart.  After that I had a hour to put in before I was hooked up prior to seeing Dr. Shelig and doing the Treadmill.

I put the time in down in the Hospital's library and Lounge rather then stay in the waiting room staring at the radiation signage.


Once I returned to meet Dr Shelig, he asked me a few questions then took my blood pressure, which was excellent at 120/80, considering my being a bit nervous about the whole ordeal.  The Treadmill? that didn't take me long to get up to the targeted heart rate, so much so that I hadn't even broke out into a sweat, however my asthma was not the best.  Once I had finished with the treadmill my blood pressure was taken again at 200/100, which the Doctor said was very good and usual when one exercises.

I am happy I started doing my treadmill more or less at home before this day !

I was then sent off to put in some more time before I had to go back to have my Heart photographed again, since it should have been at its "peak" resulting from the injection they had given me.

All in all I was there from 8:00 am until 1:00 pm and truly it went pretty good.

Should I not hear back from the Doctor in 10 days time, that will indicate that all with my Heart is good.  I have a gut feeling my Heart is good regardless.

After Rob picked me up we had to head down to Saugeen Shores for our Crabby Cabbie 2014 Taxi License Renewal.  We also made a quick stop into the Canadian Tire for an item on sale that I had wanted.

Dinner tonight was a quick Egg & Cheese on a toasted English Muffin.  The 4 pc carrier I got at Canadian Tire will be great for Cold or Hot dishes when I head out some where and have to take something along.  Regular Price $32.99.  Sale Price $12.99.  I was  happy.


I am tired, as today was busy again.  It is now 6:00 pm, and I have to get ready to be out the door to a meeting at 7:00 pm yet tonight.

What is there to stress about? probably a bit of this and some of that, but I try not too much as I have to keep living Life, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

6 comments:

  1. Don't stress Cindy it will all work out. Fibro does strange things to our bodies. Take care that is probably all it is. It is going to be fine. Hug B

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds okay, from the blood pressure readings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All looking pretty good as you say - fingers crossed for the results! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hospital has a library and lounge?? Wonderful! You did great and my gut tells me your heart is just fine too:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have one of those 4 piece carrying bag/casserole dishes. I took it up to Anita's on Monday with her birthday dinner (lasagna) , washed the dish, put the cooler bag, and lid back in the bag and brought home the bag. The dish is still sitting at DeJong Acres where I know it will not be filled for awhile as they are far too busy right now with lambing to be making lasagna. Darn, I love that set, use it so often. Actually mine is 5 pieces as I have a hot bag and also a cooler bag. So I guess we will be going up once more before we head out for our summer trips. Hope all goes well with the results of your tests. Pretty good blood pressure readings for someone so stressed out and already having been poked and tubed. Alice J.

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...