Wednesday 2 April 2014

WDCC After Five

My poor Rob never arrived home until 5:00 am.  Further more he only got a couple of hours sleep before he had to go back out this morning.  Good thing he had a sleep yesterday afternoon before all this happened.  Another afternoon nap today hopefully took some of the edge off as well.

Of course I was wide awake at 3:00 am, and still awake when he arrived home at 5:00 am.

What did today bring?  more paperwork (ALWAYS), a trip into town for a few errands, a load of laundry (oh poop that might still be in the washer, triple dang it all), a run to the Chiropractor in Sauble Beach, then off to a Wiarton Chamber of Commerce After 5:00 Event put on my Larche Media (92.3 The Dock).

This after hours event took place downtown Wiarton at the Pacific Inn.

The Pacific Inn was a great venue for this After 5:00 Event, with an inviting comfortable private room located off the main bar, and not far from the kitchen.  There were complimentary Door prizes, food and beverages from Larche Media's Host, Robbie Robinson.


There had been a nice turnout of people.  There were representatives from Wiarton Video, Wiarton Homes, Home By Design, RAM Trophies & Sportswear, Wiarton TV, Northern Confections, and of course me there representing The Crabby Cabbie.  Also in attendance was Chamber Staff Member, Lindsay, & Chamber President, Paul Deacon.  


Robbie did an amazing presentation on behalf of Larche Digital Media on Social Media.  Social Media is the way of the future for businesses.  Should you not be "on board" with your Business then it might be something you should seriously think about.


The lineup of local Wiarton Businesses who were present this evening, who are involved with Social Media, are as follows (& should you be so inclined please give each one your LIKE on their Facebook page):

The Pacific Inn

Northern Confections

RAM Trophies & Sportswear

Wiarton Homes

Wiarton Video

The Wiarton Chamber of Commerce

The "Crabby Cabbie"

For good measure I have to include:

The "Checkerboard Aussies", Australian Shepherd Dogs

Foods Made Simply North of Wiarton

Hopefully the WDCC will have many more successful After 5:00 Events, as I personally thought this one was not only informative, it had been "fun" for all of us to get out of our normal humdrum of the every day work routine and relax a bit.

There had been lots of goodies leftover, so I was invited to take a few home.  It was nice I was able to bring a take out of Chicken Wings home to Rob, as those have to be his ultimate favourite.

I hang my head in shame that nothing much got done in the way of housework got done whatsoever around here today, other then the dishes put away.  The bed made? nope as Rob went back to it this afternoon so what was the use?

Goals in the next few days? do the 1st quarter of the Year up for the Crabby Cabbie, and get the Whelping Pen ready for Missy Lexus, as her puppies are due on the 11th of April (and I think I am busy now, just wait and see once they arrive).

I had a brief chat an acquaintance today who I have very high regard for.  Since I seemingly wear so many hats lately I find myself very overwhelmed at times.  She had given some very good advice that I think I will try.  Balance is important, and I am always seeking in my mind how to obtain some kind of balance ... oh I sometimes crave those days of routine, and what I had thought at times to be boredom ... boy have I had my eyes opened !  *smile*

That is all she wrote this day, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

1 comment:

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...