Friday 18 April 2014

Good Friday 2014

 Happy Easter Weekend to all with hopes it is spent with Family, or Good Friends.


My day began at 1:00 am.  I could not get back to sleep no matter what as the pain was almost unbearable.  By 5:00 a Sinus headache had set in.  Silly me took two Sinus Med pills as I could not take it any longer, but those wiped me right out for most of my morning.  I finally got motivated around 10:00 pm or so.

Murphy's Law when I have so much to get done.  Go figure.

I started some laundry, after the bed was made and the dishes done.  This muddy season is never ending work.  I could wash my floors every hour on the hour, but that just does not happen so the majority of the time I have paw prints going throughout the house from our Bandit boy.  The entranceway I could not take any longer, after wiping it up after every in and out was not cutting it.

Before & After.  How long will it stay this way? give it a day maybe?


Rob took advantage of the phone not ringing to do some puttering around with the Crabby Cabbie vehicles.  The Sun was out but the breeze had still been very cool.


I love technology !!! even though I don't get to see the Grandchildren this Easter I got to see their happy faces and what they had been up to.  Thanks Elizabeth !!! xx

An Easter Hunt was in "full swing" by the looks of these photos I received by text today.  Lots of fun.  Now will they be worn out with all the fresh air they had today or too sweetened up by all the goodies?


I had sat down for a bit after the Lunch Hour, and must of drifted off for a few minutes.  What woke me up? my drool running from the edge of my mouth ... ewww so not cool !!!  There are days I just have to laugh at myself, and truly why not?

Mid-afternoon Rob got a call out.  I decided I wanted to spend some time with him, so the housework stayed undone and I got some quality time with my husband.

We headed on down to Southampton.  The ice is starting to break up out on Lake Huron, much more then Sauble Beach on Wednesday.  I cheated today on my Healthy eating.   Rob order each of us a Easter Donut from Tim Hortons.  Very pretty, but honestly with the donut and its filling it was way too sweet for my liking.  We reached our destination in Owen Sound where we seen the Orange Helicopter there at the Hospital (sadly not a good day for someone).


On the way back into Wiarton we stopped at the Video Store to rent a movie for tonight.  Rob picked out for me the New Release, August: Osage County with Meryl Streep (who I love) and Julia Roberts.  I am looking forward to watching it tonight if I am able to stay awake for the whole movie.

Here is the trailer for the Movie:


When we got back home I got the potatoes & cabbage cooked to go along with the Ham I had in the Crock Pot earlier.  We each had our favourite mustard to go on the Ham.


Dinner wasn't fancy, but it hit the spot.  Desert? nope did not make and good thing after having that donut !

I still have Dinner dishes to do, a hot shower yet to have and a Movie I want to stay awake for this evening, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

3 comments:

  1. The Easter Egg hunt looked like fun!! Yum!! I really want to see that movie, you'll have to post how you like it! Happy Easter to you & Rob!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our friends have an Easter egg hunt every year for all their grand kids to they have a ball every time . Hey my hall floors look the same lol I just use my swifter wet jet and all is done till the next time lol Miggs stays outside most of the day time that it is nice so not to bad for me . I hope your feeling better for the rest of the weekend ! Happy Easter to you and your family !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Periodically we see the helicopter ambulance passing over this area, since there's a helipad around at least two of the nearby hospitals.

    That's a simple but nourishing dinner.

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...