Tuesday 1 April 2014

Knorr Shepherds Pie

It would not surprise too many people if I made the comment it was another busy day, right? 

Today being the first of the Month, and April's Fool Day at that, meant most of my morning was spent doing some Crabby Cabbie billing.  

I also had to stop downtown to get a couple of errands ran.  

Since it was April Fools Day, and since I had to drop into Pinkerton's Carquest to pay our bill I thought I would take the opportunity to pull a prank off on owner, Eric.  I calmly sat there asking him if it would be any problem to change the bill from Rob's name into mine, as I had taken over the Cab Business.  Eric said, "no problem".  I quickly came back with, "oh great as Rob and I have split up".  His mouth dropped opened, whereas I could not hold it in any longer by saying, "April Fool".  I was good for my prank and a great laugh of the day !!!  

Thanks goodness Eric is a good sport, and I have known him for the past 11 years.  His wife had a chuckle about it with me too.

The mail arrived later today, along with it the 2014 Bruce Peninsula Telephone Directory.

It is still weird seeing The "Crabby Cabbie in print, but hopefully this bit of advertising will help us shine this Year.

Rob has an out of town trip this evening.  This afternoon we all made "quiet" so he could get some sleep.  He has had a sore throat since yesterday, and I am always worried about him getting too run down.

I was very excited today to find out Rob will be able to drive me this upcoming Saturday on the Annual Kemble Maple Syrup Tour.  This is good news, as otherwise I would probably not have gone should I have had to drive myself, and besides we had such a great time two years ago.  I am looking forward to us having a great lunch together as well at the Kemble Church.

Full details on the Kemble Maple Syrup Tour can be found by going HERE.

I thought I would make him one of his favourite Dinners today.  Since it is easy to make and full of flavour goodness I decided on a Knorr Shepherd's Pie.

This is one of the best Shepherd's Pie I have ever made (other then my own recipe using leftover Roast Beef Gravey).  It was very much enjoyed by both Rob and myself.


Recipe please?  FOR A PRINTABLE RECIPE PLEASE *CLICK* HERE.

I had problems with my laptop loading this evening (I am thinking it is barely 2 years old, please do not give up the ghost on me yet).  Between that and getting the Dinner dishes done up, I got a late start going on this blog post.

All in all it was a day with some progress made in the paperwork department, but I am afraid all household chores otherwise were put on hold this day, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

6 comments:

  1. That's a great joke Cindy!! My computer has been acting "weird" the last 2 days, I'm not sure if it was blogger or Google or both!! Maybe you have the hiccup now:) It's so frustrating when it happens, doesn't it~ I wonder if I could ever go back to a life without my computer!! Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing better than leftover shepherd's pie! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't ever pull off pranks because I start getting the giggles halfway through the delivery. Good one, Cindy!

    You know, I have never made Shepherd's Pie. Weird, huh?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good prank, Cindy! And I love shepherd's pie too. Cheers from CArole's Chatter

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...