Sunday 6 April 2014

A Whole Room Done !

This morning I woke with a headache which is still with me.  Today was too lovely a day to be spent dwelling on a headache and was meant to be lived.

It was lovely out today with not a breeze in the air and a full sky of blue & sunshine first thing this morning.


A friend of mine had been Snowbirding in Florida all Winter (lucky gal especially with the Winter we had), and just returned back home a week ago.  She had contacted me this morning to see if we could get together for a coffee.  Since I have such a busy week ahead I thought I best go today or it might never happen.  We decided to meet at a coffee shop in Owen Sound as I had to go into Staples there anyhow for a return item. 

Sharon is a sewer (I am way so lucky to have so many talented crafty friends, have I mentioned this before?), who had also been busy sewing as well as enjoying her retreat in Florida this Winter.  Sharon so thoughtfully made me a pocket clutch with Crab material since we are such Crabby Cabbie people, Rob & I.  Check out the cool Crab Charm that went on the zipper.  Thanks Sharon I definitely will be putting this lovely gift to a good use.


After my cuppa tea with Sharon, I had a couple of errands to do.  I ran into another friend in the No Frills parking lot which was also a nice treat for me to touch base with her.  Finally I did arrive home well after lunch time.

Despite the headache and being tired I had things to do today, so I got going with the laundry and FINALLY finished cleaning the bathroom and washing the floor !!!  A whole room done !  it is hard for me to believe.

I also managed to get a phone call in with my oldest Sister, Jeanne, and then later my other sister, Donna.

Donna's husband has been really ill the past week to the point of being hospitalized, so I had called her to get an update on his health.  Unfortunately the infection he had in his leg had not been any better, and he had to return back to the Hospital today as there had been a complication with his IV and leg wound.  He had somehow gotten an infection in his leg, that was so bad the Disease Control had taken a photo of it since it had been the worse case of Staph infection they had ever came across.  I will call her when I am done my post to get a more recent update.  Any infection is always a worry, never mind one that has gotten very serious.

However tired I might be we still need some Dinner.  I had some Cottage Cheese in the fridge, so why not use it up by throwing together a Lasagna.

I took out homemade tomato sauce I had frozen, along with some hamburger.  Herbs added along with mushrooms to the sauce while the ground beef browned with diced onion.  


Once it was put all together it was popped into the oven for 30 minutes until heated through.  After setting 10 minutes it was ready to be served.  Very good it was too !


With a full day yesterday, and another one today I find myself again all in but for my shirttail, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

3 comments:

  1. Aww, what a darling and thoughtful gift! I'm glad you had a pretty good day despite your headache. I hope you feel better tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lasagna's always a welcome meal. Hopefully all turns out okay for your brother-in-law.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You work too hard, seriously .... some days it's OK to order pizza!

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...