Monday 14 April 2014

Puppy Power

Yes Puppy Power !!!  when the puppies arrive they control my Life for the 8 weeks, or more they happen to be here with us.

It first starts a week or so before they arrive to make sure the whelping pen is all set up and ready to go.  Then delivery day arrives, so that means up and down the stairs checking on Mama as each bundle of joy arrives safely, also making certain Mama has lots of water at hand while the delivery is going on.  Then there is the posting of the "announcement" of their arrival, the number of pups, colours and sexes.  Next the advertising, endless calls and repeating myself with excited "want to be" puppy owners.  I am very good at explaining all the "cons" of puppy ownership to them as well.

Yes a good part of my days can be swallowed up by the Power of the Puppies !

Today I had been out by 8 am, not to return back home until 11 am.  That was most of my day gone with my bed not getting made until almost the Noon hour.

This afternoon I did up some documents for the Wiarton Chamber, and answered, of course, some puppy fan emails.  Good thing I put a Peameal Roast in the Crock Pot at lunchtime.  I only had to steam some asparagus and reheat the brown rice for our Dinner this evening.

Dinner was more then enjoyable this evening with everything cooked to almost perfection with full flavor & goodness in each morsel.


After Dinner Rob helped me with a bit of long over due Spring Cleaning in our basement.  Really I would more classify it as "picking up the chunks".  With the puppies not even 1 week old we have been getting puppy visitors already, the most recent arriving at 7 pm tonight to see "their puppy".

A little more time went into posting the puppies still available for a Forever Home.  The male Red--Tri has not been included in this photo.


Yes most of my days are empowered by the Power of Puppies, and for the weeks yet to follow.  Once they start getting weaned and I start the cleaning up after them with Puppy papers it will be high gear, so until then I had to take advantage of having a wee bit of time to myself here and there, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

4 comments:

  1. Such cuties, and so small at this point!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have cute little puppies I have cute little calves oh they always make smiles appear. Love Spring:) Hug B

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're adorable Cindy! Looking forward to progress pics....x

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...