Saturday 19 April 2014

Sleeping Standing Up

No I did not fall asleep standing up, but there were points today where I most certainly felt I could be sleeping standing up.  Yawn !!!

This morning was humdrum with changing up the bedding fresh, doing laundry and all the Aussie chores.  I did start raking at the side of the house, and just know I am going to be paying for that throughout the night.  That was only the smallest dint possible in what really needs done.

I also had a lady and her son who travelled up from Newmarket this morning to pick out a puppy.  Lovely people who I am very pleased  they will be getting one of our pups.  The Mother had wanted the Black Tri Male, however the Son wanted the Red Tri Male.  The Mother gave her son the choice.  In 7 weeks they will be taking home a gorgeous Red Tri Male 8 week old Australian Shepherd pup.  Needless to say they are both very excited.

I also had a phone call from a lovely young lady from down Port Stanley way.  She had been following The Checkerboard Aussies, Australian Shepherd Dog Facebook Page for the past 2 Years.  She told me how much she admired how I pictured my dogs and how much I tried to place our pups in the best Forever Homes I could possibly imagine.  I have to admit I was quite flattered, as YES I really do care where our pups go and like to see their progress in their lives as they grow.  This same girls is now on top of the list for our next litter of pups.

This afternoon I decided I would like to go out for a walk since the Sun was high in the sky, even though it was on the cool side.  I got bundled up and invited my neighbour to go along.  Not much walking got done, as it ended up more like browsing in and out of the shops in downtown Wiarton.  Still it was an outing regardless of not getting in the walk I had planned on having.

I would like to get back to my walking routine I had going two years ago, however now having 2 extra dogs and a husband with a Business I am not finding it the easiest thing to get back to.  I am not giving up as it is something not only I need to do, it is something I want to do, especially after my behaviour today.

My behaviour one might wonder?  I feel like a total glutton.  I think I ate everything that came in my way this day.  Alas the 4 pounds I lost in February is all back on, maybe with an extra pound or two after today.

Another stress on my mind is the search for a Forever Home for Semah.  Semah had been returned to us by what I had thought was his Forever Home when he went there as a pup.  Alas puppies grow to be big dogs that need a daily commitment and lots of attention firm and loving.  I can not STRESS enough to potential puppy buyers the Pros & Cons of having a puppy come into their lives, also asking each person do research on the active life of an Australian Shepherd Dog.

Last Sunday when we went to meet a couple who thought they might be interested, I actually started crying when speaking to the woman about Semah.  My heart breaks that I can not give him the home he deserves right now, and pray one comes for him soon.  This same couple had good hearts, but in reality their age and  health prevented them from having Semah.  Another couple who had shown interest, who had never owned a dog before.  I called them and told them a puppy would be much better for their home for their first experience with dog ownership.  That same lady took the time out of her life the next day to message and thank me for my candor and honesty.  They went to a shelter and found a lovely calm dog that day for their first time family dog.

Semah is a typical 1 year old Aussie Shepherd Male, who needs someone to be the Alpha with a firm hand and loving attitude.  This pup does not have a mean bone in his body, with not one show of aggressiveness in the 3 weeks he has been with us.  The only thing I see Semah needs is attention and a firm hand to take him to the level of becoming the dog he was meant to be.  I continue my quest to find him such a home.


The Checkerboard Aussies, Australian Shepherd Dogs have three (3) beautiful puppies still available for Forever Homes (no apartment dwellers need apply).


Should anyone have time to send up an extra prayer, or two, Semah and I sure could use a couple here and there right now, which would not go unappreciated by either one of us.

Tomorrow is a new page to be turned with hopes that I have will power to get back on track with proper eating habits, and more inquirys for our handsome Semah, which I could easily find myself naming Sam.

I have gotten all the laundry caught up, the bed made fresh, so I am hoping tomorrow I will be able to get a bit more raking down outside, and the bathroom cleaned inside, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy, greetings from Northern Ontario. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day and Happy Easter. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully things get sorted soon for Semah, or Sam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck finding a home for Semah! We have a "Grey County Mutt", Roxie, who seems to have a lot of Australian Shepherd in her - white tail tip, paws, collar, etc. and I can really relate to how a one-year old would need a firm hand. But once past that, she's a wonderful peaceful dog.

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...