Sunday 3 November 2013

A Merry "Crabby" Christmas Dinner

Wondering how many enjoyed an "extra" hour of sleep this morning.  Alas, I did not, but what was different was having my husband home with me all night long.  That was really different !!! 

Last evening had been a slow night for the "Taxi Business", and after Rob worked all day long our two drivers had last night covered.  It was a nice break, and trust me had very much been needed since Rob was in bed by 8 pm .

Later today Rob decided to give the little car he bought from Uncle a once over before we headed back behind the barn to investigate the damage to the Willow Tree caused by the high winds this past Friday.  Yes this tree is certainly has seen its day.


Brr, it was really cold today.  Despite the cold I love admiring the ice formations as you can find some pretty cool looking ones at times.


Today I felt bone tired for some reason..  Very bone tired and weary.  Still I managed to do a load of laundry to hang out on the line.  It was a cold day, but there still was sunshine most all day through.

Late this afternoon Rob and I headed out ...

.... dusk was setting in, with the Sun setting in the West over top of Lake Huron as we headed towards Sauble Beach.  By the time we were going over the Bridge in Southampton the Sun had almost disappeared.  By the time we arrived in Port Elgin at 5:50 it was dark.


Today was our "Crabby Cabbie" Christmas dinner out with our Drivers.  We had thought we best be having our dinner together at the first of November since from here on in the Christmas parties for other companies will be starting.  We all met for Chinese Buffet at the Altantic Restaurant in Port Elgin.

Here are our "Crabby Cabbie" drivers, both born and raised Bruce County boys, Ron Martindale of Southampton (Yeah for my hometown), and John McKay of Tiverton.  I think they were enjoying reading their cards more then the Maple Syrup and pair of socks in their Christmas bags.  The card was signed, "Syrup to keep you Sweet, and Socks to keep you Warm",  The "Crabby Cabbie" Rob, & his "Not so Crabby Wife", Cindy."


Truly we could not be more blessed then to have John and Ron working for us, for their personalities and utmost honesty, two characteristics that seem to be hard to find much anymore in employees these days, especially in this type of business.  Honesty is a big thing in my books, as there are two things I detest and that would be a liar and/or a thief, which I think not too many others would care for either..

Fiblets? now those are what I used to call "White Lies".  Those are something I am pretty sure most of us have had to tell from time to time in our lives to protect someone or something that would cause no harm to another, right?  Key Word:  Harmless.

Along with Ron and John's wives, we had a fun evening all together, and hopefully come next Summer we can all get together again some Sunday for a BBQ potluck.  I am already thinking this far head.

This day had a wonderful ending.  Me? I am still bone tired.  Rob? he is in bed already, since it is now after 9:00 pm, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

4 comments:

  1. I can understand why you would have to have your Christmas party so early! I guess I never thought of the fact that the holidays are probably one of your busiest times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas!!
    I can't abide lies either...a liar and a thief are pretty closely linked. One steals things ,the other steals truth.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. good idea to have your Christmas party early. Dh's is on December 14th, but do not enjoy going.

    I suffer miserably by the time change it knocks my internal body clock all out of whack.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It'll be a busy couple of months for all of you.

    I wish they'd just drop time changing and leave it at standard time...

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...