Friday 6 February 2015

Life Long Friendship

I just took my medications thinking I had enough saliva in my mouth to swallow, then drank bottle of water, but still have one of the pills stuck halfway down my throat .... what a terrible taste I am now having.  Bleh, bleh, bleh

I will be right back as I need to make something hot to drink to try and dislodge this nasty taste from my throat.  Not helping as much as I wanted it to as I still having that heartburn discomfort feeling.  I am sure it will pass, hopefully much sooner then later.

Today I had to run into town on a couple of errands.  By the time I had finished all my Aussie duties, ran the errands and returned home it was after 11 am.  Where does the day go to so quickly.

After lunch my long time girlfriend came over for a visit as she is in town from Peterborough.  It was really nice to chit chat in person over a cup of coffee for a couple of hours.  Her daughter and my Paul are only a week & a bit apart in age.  Shannon & I have been friends now for almost 40 years, my longest life friend.  It is wonderful to have someone so close for so long to share with over the years of growing.  There were years we lost touch but always got back in touch, this last time thanks to Facebook.

I am already looking forward to our next get together.  Thanks Shannon, much nicer then a phone call xoxo.

At one point when I had been taking Portia out, I had came back in to find our Bandit boy on the end of the couch, which he knows is not allowed.

Later I got the "look" from him that could have said, "that was not me Mom, it had to be that OTHER dog".


Dinner for Rob & I tonight? well the Pork Roast Rob had put into the Crock Pot went in too late in the day.  The potatoes and turnip were cooked by 5:30 pm, however the roast not even near done. We had a vegetarian Dinner this evening.

I came across today what I think to be good news for extreme illness sufferers.  Dying With Dignity Canada reports there has been a breakthrough in the High Courts.  The article may be found by *clicking* HERE.  A breakthrough indeed.

On that note I will be calling it almost a day here, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

4 comments:

  1. I agree with the new law if one is in chronic pain all time and cant live a normal life and be bound to a bed because of it to me that is not living that is waiting to die I am all for it thank god they finally are on the side of ill and suffering from it . I have had that happen to me with one of my pills to it is horrible YUK!! Hope you get that sorted out and feel better . Glad you had a nice visit with your good friend . Thanks for sharing , Have a good weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was pleased to see progress made in dying with dignity case.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it's controversial but I'm glad to be in charge of my own destiny. It was a tough decision but the right one as far as I'm concerned.

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...