Sunday 22 February 2015

Chilled To The Bone

This morning brought a high of -10* C.  It felt quite balmy when I had been out first thing with the Aussies.  This all changed rather quickly as not much later in the morning the wind picked up and it seemed much colder.

Rob had to go back to return an item at the Canadian Tire in Owen Sound this morning, so I went along as there were a couple of items I needed from Staples that I had forgotten yesterday.  Off we went with me feeling quite chilled to the bone.

Returning back at lunch time I called a friend who had invited me out for lunch today.  We were heading out to the Green Door Cafe for a 1 pm lunch.  Rob and I had lunch out yesterday.  My oh my lunch out two days in a row ...

Yesterday Rob & I had stopped for lunch at the little restaurant located in at the Esso on the corner in Springmount.  My niece, Joanne, had recommended it.  We were not disappointed as I enjoyed an Omelet while Rob had the Hot Hamburg.  The food was very good and the cost was only $23.00 which included taxes & tip.


Today my friend & I had the lunch "special" at the Green Door Cafe, downtown Wiarton.  The Chicken Quesadilla was excellent, and with dessert we were both comfortable with our choices.  

 t
After lunch we made a stop the Foodland Store, then I dropped her off at her home before arriving back home to mine.  By this time it had been after 3 pm.  I was tired and still chilled to the bone, despite the temp being 23*C in our house.

I covered up on the couch with double blankets and watched the movie "The Help".  I had never gotten to watch the whole movie before today.  I loved it !!!  It was funny & emotional with great acting.  If anyone hasn't seen it I would most certainly recommend it.  See more about it HERE.

Dinner this evening was what could be found in the fridge.  Rob had sandwiches from leftover chicken, and I a salad (since lunch had been more like Dinner).

Now for some cuteness to wind up my day....


There is no lacking in the cuteness department with our Aussies, and their puppy followups from their Forever Homes.

Tonight is the Grammy Awards.  I will try to stay awake long enough to watch it, however in past years I usually end up falling asleep.  Do you watch the Grammys?

I am still feeling chilled to the bone, thinking I might have to heat up a bean bag in the mircowave for my feet when I head off to bed, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

2 comments:

  1. it was a lot warmer today. Watching the red carpet but that's about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No doubt the same cold's coming this way then- it was relatively mild this morning.

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...