Saturday 20 July 2013

Trying To Get It Together

My Crabby Cabbie Rob arrived home around 2 am.  I woke up when he came in and never did get back to sleep.  It was a long early morning for me.

I got up finally after laying around until almost 7 to do my morning chores, have a couple of cups of coffee then begin my day.  I feel like I am always so busy all the time I can never get caught up with anything.

I threw a load of laundry in the wash, before heading on downtown to drop off the newly hemmed Capri pants at Mom's residence.

Taking some of the side streets to Gateway Haven Nursing Home I took in some of the debris leftover from the cleanup of the storm.  Fortunately it was much less damage then it could have been.  A lot of very huge trees in town are now no more.

After a few other errands I made it back home to receive a call from Rob, who had already gone out on a fare, if I could also do one for him.  I hurried to hang the laundry so I could get going.  He called me back to say it had been canceled.  Good thing I had not already left, but that sometimes is the name of the game, among others ups and downs of the Taxi business.

I gave my sister-in-law a long over due phone call while I dusted the same time we had our telephone visit.  That is how I multi-task and communicate most times with people.  Once we had hung up I did some more cleaning up of this and that before Rob arrived back home.

Lunch was simply Grilled Cheese sandwiches.  Rob headed back to bed for some much needed sleep.  I had just sat down to relax for a bit when the Taxi phone rang.  I left Rob to sleep and headed out to do the call myself.

Part way home I had an Asthma attack.  I could hardly breath and my chest was so tight I had thought it was going to explode.  The air freshener that had been in the Van had triggered the attack.  I pulled it out, got rid of it, put the windows down and then up again with the A/C back before I cleared up.  I hadn't even had one of my puffers in my purse with me ...

I never returned home until an hour and a half later from the run.  Aussies needing attention, then I weeded a half row in the garden.  Everything returned to standing up again after being smashed down by the winds and driving rains yesterday.

It is really starting to take shape and look pretty good.

It has been a long day.  I am tired with another big day ahead of me again tomorrow, the biggest difference being it will be filled with GRANDBOYS, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".


  1. Oh Cindy...soon you'll have "free" time, sitting in a car for hours!!
    :-) Kathy

  2. I don't know how you do it Cindy!! You are always so busy! Your garden looks amazing!!

  3. Your garden looks so wonderful. I never had much luck in getting a garden so weed free. I have been thinking of those who have breathing problems with all the hot, humid weather we have been having this summer. After several storms in the past few days, the air has cleared here and it is so nice. Oops, just looked out the hatch in the forecabin, where I am working and I see the sky is dark and foreboding again. Well, the air is certainly better than it was and I think I will sleep better tonight. Thanks for posting all the nice pictures of Anita, sure is nice to see her when I am so far away. :) I love the smile also. Alice

  4. Holy Smokes! What a storm you had!! Good thing your garden is still intact:) Sounds like your as busy as ever Cindy and soon to get busier with your grandboys coming for a visit! Take Care of yourself Cindy~ Lynn PS: your peach pie looks absolutely delicious!

  5. Hello Cindy

    You must be a multi-tasking goddess. You seem to be able to cram so much into your days! My sister is a driver and also suffers from asthma. She has to make sure she always has an inhaler in her bag whereever she goes. I was there when she had an attack once and she had forgotten her inhaler. I felt utterly useless to help her. Not a nice feeling and not a very nice moment.

    Have a wonderful time with your grandchildren Cindy.

    keep well

    Amanda :-)

  6. Woohoo the grandbabies are on the way. Better get to bed early tonight so you are well rested

  7. A good deal of damage, from the pics of the storm aftermath.

    I can't imagine what an asthma attack must be like...


How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...