Saturday 31 May 2014

Whoosh !

Whoosh !!!! where did that day get to that is now long gone behind me???  I think I have had hardly time to breath, never mind barely live it, or so it seems.

Email between my friend, BJ, and myself started at 6 am, to make sure we were both up and ready to head out for an early morning walk.  We met up at BJ's place at 6:45 to head out with Lexus on a one hour walk.

I love walking through and about Wiarton, drinking in all the beauty and sounds.


Once our walk was over and I had returned home, I headed on out as I had to go back into Owen Sound this morning.  While I had been gone my brother was kind enough to drop around his gas pressure washer, as we wanted to clean our deck before getting it sealed with a Thompson's Water Treatment.  We are hoping to get this done tomorrow.

Lot of errands and running around I did today, plus two loads of laundry washed and hung out on the line.  It was  BEAUTIFUL Day in the Neighbourhood.

Rob not only pressure washed the deck, he also did the front stoop as well as weeded all our front flower beds and remulched them.  I am so HAPPY & appreciative that he did all of this today (not that I wasn't or don't do for him too, you know, I just try not always to "toot" my own horn ... hehehe).


I even managed to get a couple shots of the Straw flowers I planted, and the basket I did up for under the shade of one of our Maple trees, and I could not resist purchasing the pot of dark purple Calla Lilies yesterday ... so dark they actually look black most times.  I can't wait to split these up into more containers.


At some point this afternoon I actually popped a chicken into the oven, so we could have a have descent meal today.  I even picked some Rhubarb and cleaned it this afternoon with hopes I can make some Rhubarb Stew for myself and my brother tomorrow ... we both LOVE Rhubarb Stew.

The Chicken Dinner was awesome.  Rob did not even complain by saying his usual "chicken again" statement.  He was served yellow beans with his, while I had asparagus.


After our Dinner I called my neighbour to go for a walk.  Two 2 hour walks today, I hope my hips begin the decrease SOON !!!

Tomorrow I am hoping Rob and I can attend the Open House at the Waterview on the Bay in Wiarton.  Come on out if you are in the area ...


Here it is 8 pm already.  I still have to let all the Aussies out and about, and put the puppies away for the night here, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

2 comments:

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...