Saturday 24 May 2014

Dropping Like Flies

 Last night was another restless night for both Rob and I.  The good news is I am much better then what I was.  The bad news is Rob is worse today since he is only into the 2nd day of it.  I am pretty certain (from what I can remember) the 3rd and 4th days are the worse.

My poor Rob had a run at 5 am this morning regardless of how he was feeling, not arriving back home until mid-morning.  He managed to get a few more hours sleep until shortly after the lunch hour, then got up and cut the lawn.  He will be back in bed very early this evening.

I did not manage to get anything accomplished today other then an errand I had to do for Rob first thing this morning while he was gone, and a couple of my own downtown.  I did make him lunch, and shortly after had to go back to bed as the cold sweats seemed to be draining me even more.

I did not feel like eating much today, however decided I best cook some kind of dinner for us.

Slow Cooker Ribs in Chipotle Sauce, along with Brown Rice &  steamed Fresh Ontario Asparagus.  It was our first "real" meal since .... I can't remember when.


After Dinner the Egret was back posing just inside our first field.  I managed a couple of his poses before he took of to the field further back after he had spotted me on the deck.


Tomorrow has been planned for the past few months as a Pot Luck Luncheon for Cindy's Recipe Exchange.  To date there had been over 32 people who had signed up that they were attending.  Today they have been dropping like flies, mostly from sickness, or another commitment.  I am still hoping there will be at least 1/2 the ones there who said they would be.  Time will tell tomorrow.  Regardless I am looking forward to meeting some new faces and seeing familiar ones.

I still have to make the couple of items I am making to take along tomorrow, however I really can't make them until first thing in the morning.  Hopefully I will be up early to get a head start on getting them done and arriving on time to set up and greet everyone before they arrive.

I am pretty sure I will have an early evening myself, however not too early with hopes I get to sleep a whole night through, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

5 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to the Pot Luck tomorrow, after missing the fall one due to illness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the dinner tomorrow!

    The egret appears to have settled in for the long haul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pics of the Egret are great Cindy! Hope you and Rob feel better real soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're feeling at least a little better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. enjoy the pot luck today, and hope you are feeling a bit better this morning.

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...