Friday 14 October 2011

Thinking It Is A Little More Then The Common Cold

This is going to be a challenge this morning, as my yesterday was very uneventful, with the day ahead not going to be much different from the way I am feeling right now.  I am very quickly coming to the conclusion that what I have is more then a "common cold", and is more like a very nasty little "flu bug" that is infecting my whole being with its nastiness.

It never fails, and once again Murphy's Law comes into the picture, when a person is sick the phone constantly rings all day, as it did at least 12 times yesterday.  Shut off the ringer?  Well Rob had thought he had done that, but nope he doesn't have shutting off the phone ringer quite mastered yet, as it's ring came right out in full force as I had just drifted into an afternoon lull.  *Sigh* he did try, however I think I will be totally removing the whole phone unit from our bedroom this morning.

Yesterday I did have one incident part my cloud of sickness and place a ray of sunshine in my day ..... remember our very last "One & Only" puppy from the "Magnificent Seven"?  The family who he adopted were kind enough to email me a "brand new" picture of him and his boy, Jack.

"Here is Buddy and his boy, Jack, getting ready for a sleep out in Jack's new fort his dad had built for them."


I am thinking this is one pretty lucky dog that he and his kid have their very own fort ????  LOL ..... the perfect match these two are by the looks of them together in the picture.  Thanks Julie, I look forward to many more of Buddy and Jack's pictures as they grow together.

I also was able to post a recipe on "Cindy's Recipe Exchange" on Facebook yesterday, as I had came across one that had looked pretty good and easy for me to try some day ..... so I will share it here today.


Cheddar Cheese Soup ~ Recipe Compliments of Great American Recipe Cards

For 4 servings you will need:

1 medium onion, finely chopped
3 Tbsp. butter or margarine
1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
1 cup mashed potatoes (instant may be used)
1 cup chicken broth
2 cups milk
1 cup grated Cheddar Cheese
Salt & Pepper
5 drops of Tabasco Sauce
3 Tbsp. chopped parsley

Preparation:

In a 2 quart saucepan, melt the butter.  Saute the onion over low heat for 2 minutes;

Add the garlic.  Cook 3 minutes more;

Add the mashed potatoes, broth & milk.  Stir over medium heat until smooth.  Simmer an additional 8 minutes;

Add the grated Cheddar cheese and the Tabasco sauce.  Stir gently until the cheese is melted and the soup is hot;

Add salt & pepper to taste.  Sprinkle with parsley.  Serve.

Tips:
The sharper and more aged the cheese, the better the flavor of the soup.  DO NOT try this recipe with processed cheese, or you'll have a pretty sticky mess.


It was a good thing I had some new recipe cards to go through to give me more ideas, as I had just bought these new ones at a Yard Sale this past Monday.  Just what I had needed more recipes !!!  LOL 

It has taken me over an hour to put this much out here, so I am thinking it is time for me to go back to bed after I first check in with the Wiarton Airport's weather guy.


I suppose the old saying, "take the good along with the bad" is true in the case of this weather forecast, seven days of perfect weather last week and now how many days of bad weather this week and next ????

I am off to call my Doctor to cancel my allergy shot and heading back to bed as fast as I can, while I still can, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

No comments:

Post a Comment

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...