Monday 17 October 2011

The "Checkerboard Aussies" Newest Saga Begins

Wow, I have really had a difficult time trying to get going this past week or so, as I am really still not feeling 100% up to par.  Of course the dry cough starts in usually when it is time to go to bed, or throughout the "wee" hours of the morning, so here I am already feeling quite drained before I start another new day.  I usually tend to persevere though, so here goes it .....

Yesterday morning, Rob and I headed out of Bruce County on a road trip yesterday afternoon down towards Flesherton way.  Although it was quite blustery, the sun had been shining so it was a good day to heading out on such a trip.

"We found our destination making our way up it's long laneway ..... "



" ..... until we came across what we had set out to find.  Oh would that be a little Australian Shepherd girl ???"



"Rob scooped this little girl right up all ready to put her into our van....."



"..... not before her very loving and giving "caretaker" first had given her lots of hugs and kisses."



"We made our way back home, while stopping in to say "hello" to Bandit's & Lexus' boy, "Buddy" at his home just outside of Chatsworth.  What a handsome boy he is.  Unfortunately his kid wasn't around, and his Mom was out riding her horse, and his Dad was busy, so it was a short visit."



"Then we arrived back home where by that time this little girl had been given her new name of "Mercedes"."



"Bandit was first to be able to greet "Mercedes".  We will let her settle in a bit before we let her meet Lexus.  Lexus might be a little over exuberant and overwhelming for her right off the bat, whereas Bandit is such an "old soul"."


"Mercedes did not have a fantastic trip home as she had been car sick, so she is looking a little mournful in this crate while we prepare her a bath and get her new larger crate set-up."



"No problem with the bath whatsoever; she never tried to get out of the tub once."


"I needed to get in there and make sure all parts were shampooed and rinsed, as I think there had been too much play going on prior to this .... lol."




"There we go, all clean and buffed dry."



"It appears this match has been made in "Heaven", with these two having something in common right off the get go ..... um, wonder what TV program has them both watching so intently?"



This was our day pretty much from beginning to end.  Mercedes seemed to accept her new "crate" rather well with a few howls and whimpers for the first half hour or so.  On the whole I would say she has settled in pretty good for her first day away from her litter mates.

We had been looking quite some time for another female that would be well suited to be part of our "Checkerboard Aussie" family, and are very confident "Mercedes" will fill that bill, as she has a very sweet disposition and personality.  So begins another chapter in the "Checkerboard Aussie" saga ..... begining with our very own "Mercedes".

I have already been outside this morning with Lexus, Bandit, and twice with Mercedes, and let me tell you it certainly is a blustery Winnie the Pooh Bear day out there today.


By the look of this forecast it appears like the day is going to continue on as blustery as it has begun .....

Regardless of how I am feeling there is lots of "catch up" to be done around here, so I best try my best to make a dent at it however slow the speed, so here I go, slow and steady, as I head into my day ahead, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

2 comments:

  1. what a little beauty, how old is she?

    It's blowing a gale force wind here as well, don't even want to hang out my laundry in fear it will be blown away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't know you were planing on extending the family. Poor lexus gonna be upset with another female around. Hope all works out. Take Care xoxo HW

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...