Sunday 21 August 2011

Prayers Answered Within Only An Hour Or Two

Yesterday morning I awoke to a fairly normal start with Rob coming home from work in the wee hours of the morning, 5:00 a.m. to be almost exact, so I got up around 6:00 to begin my day as usual with a coffee, checking my emails and, Facebook comments, then onto doing my daily blog.

Going through my Facebook page I seen a friend, Kathy Mercer, had posted a prayer on her status, which I read and almost immediately posted to my sister, Jeanne's Facebook page.  The prayer was this:

Heavenly Father, walk through my house, and take away all my worries and any illnesses, depression & anxiety's, and please watch over and heal my family and friends. Bring quiet where there is chaos, bring light where there is darkness and please put love in everyone's hearts. In Jesus' name, Amen. This prayer is so powerful.

I then carried on with my usual business until it was time to call the Gander Hospital to make my daily inquiry about my sister, Jeanne.  The Nurse I spoke to name was Cynthia, who was wonderful in answering all my questions.  We were almost at the end of our conversation when I made the statement, "It is hard enough not being able to be there or see Jeanne, but even worse not to be able to talk to her."  Well Cynthia said, "Yes you can speak to her, my dear, there is phone in her room which we can connect to here from the Nurse's station and I can go in there to be with her while you talk to her".  The Nurse had also informed me the Speech Therapist had stated there had been quite an improvement in Jeanne's speech from just this past Monday.

Wow, I was absolutely floored !  Once the Nurse put me on hold to put this call into place, I became so excited, but at the same time so very emotional, as I hadn't spoken with Jeanne since the Thursday morning, before her Stroke, when I called her to tell her I was going to my friends, Bob & Tim's place.  I was also feeling a little scared that I would say all the "right things to her", as to encourage her and not make her sad....

...it was so difficult to hold back my tears when I heard "her voice".  She is not able to say too much yet, but she did say my name and say I was funny, when I tried to be a little silly with her about something.  I told her I was calling our brother, sister and family everyday, after I first called to see how she was doing.  I told her she was loved very much and in everyone's hearts and prayers, that she was going to make it through this and I was working on getting there to be with her and to help out...

When I said my goodbyes to her, as I didn't want to ramble too much longer and tire her, the Nurse came back on saying, "the call did very good for her, and that there was a big "smile" on her face".  Did the flood gates of tears ever open then for me.....they still fall as I sit here now.

I made all the necessary phone calls to family to tell them all of the exciting news !!! 

All this had happened within less then two hours of posting the prayer to Jeanne's Facebook page.....I believe in my heart there is "Power in Prayer".  I did thank Kathy on her page for posting this prayer, as it was just there as if I was meant to have been seen for just this purpose.

*Sigh* I don't know if it was because I have been on such an emotional roller coaster lately or what, but I certainly didn't have any energy to accomplish anything much around home yesterday. 

I did manage though to go out into the garden to pick some Zucchinis for my Aunt, who was passing through on her way to a BBQ at Mallory Beach, and for Rob and I, some beets and yellow beans.

"The garden has finally taken off and is producing !  Lots of Zucchini and Lettuce so far, feel free to ask."


"It has most certainly came a long way from this way back in the Spring before we could even get in to plant it for all the rain."


"IKE & ICE here proudly presenting produce from our own garden."


"Right after I hung a load of laundry out in a beautiful sunshine morning, the thunder and blackness started rolling in."


"Between thunder, lightning and torrents of rainfall, I had to sit tight to wait it out."


"My favorite spot to take a picture to show how much it is or has rained, as it puddles in this part of the driveway....lol."



There was finally a break in the rain around 11:00 p.m., so I took this window of opportunity to get downtown to pickup some van parts Rob had ordered, make a trip into the drugstore and pickup a card to mail to my Jeanne Weanne Beanne (my name for her).  I managed to walk up the street from where I parked to the drugstore, then into one other store just before the skies opened up again and the rain came falling down.....lol. 

Rob had woke up and was coming through town to fill up the Taxi when he seen me trying to make a mad dash up the street to our car.....he was kind enough to stop and drive me to our car.  Thanks, again, Honey!


Rob came home from a Taxi run, so we had a supper of grilled marinated loin pork chops, corn on the cob and boiled beets......yummy!  It wasn't long after we had finished our supper he was gone again on another call, then after 8:00 I wasn't to see him again until, I think it was, around 3:00 a.m. this morning?

Saturday evenings I love watching the "What's Cooking TV Show" on CityTV, if I am able to.  Last night they had some really good recipes for Restaurant food made easy at home !  The one recipe inparticular I am interested in trying is the "Cheesy Stuffed Shells", and they made them so easy looking to make. 

Here is the recipe:

Cheesy Stuffed Shells

  • Prep Time : 30 min  

  • Cooking time : 27 min

  • Makes : 5 servings, 4 stuffed shells (307 g) each


  • What You Need!
    • 1 container (500 g) cottage cheese
    • 1 pkg. (300 g) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well drained
    • 1 cup Kraft Part Skim Mozzarella Shredded Cheese, divided
    • 1/4 cup Kraft 100% Parmesan Light Grated Cheese
    • 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
    • 20 jumbo pasta shells, cooked, drained
    • 1 can (680 mL) pasta sauce
    • 1 large tomato, chopped

    Make It!

    1. Heat oven to 400°F. Mix cottage cheese, spinach, 1/2 cup mozzarella, Parmesan and seasoning until well blended; spoon 1 heaping Tbsp. into each pasta shell.
    2. Combine pasta sauce and tomatoes; spoon 1/2 into 13x9-inch baking dish. Place shells, filled-sides up, in baking dish; top with remaining sauce mixture. Cover with foil.
    3. Bake 25 min. or until heated through. Uncover; top with remaining mozzarella. Bake, uncovered, 2 min. or until cheese is melted.

    Nutrition information

    • Calories 430
    • Total fat 12
    • Saturated fat 5
    • Cholesterol 25
    • Sodium 1500
    • Carbohydrate 52
    • Dietary fibre 4
    • Sugars 15

     

     

    Here also is the website link for the other recipes they had on last night's show, as well as many more:

    http://www.whatscookingtv.com/

    I was just thinking, we have company coming for the Labour Day Weekend....watch out Doug & Vicki, you might very well be my "Guinea Pig" victims again, when it is my night to cook?  LOL

    Onto today's Wiarton Airport's Weather forecast:


    Today:

    Cloudy. 30 percent chance of showers this afternoon with risk of a thunderstorm. Fog patches dissipating this morning. High 22. UV index 4 or moderate.

    Tonight:

    Cloudy. 30 percent chance of showers early this evening and overnight. Risk of a thunderstorm early this evening. Low 13.

    I certainly hope it holds off until the laundry on my line has a chance to dry.  Has not been a good weekend for the Motorcycle Toy Drive held yesterday, the Cape Croker Pow Wow, or Paisley's Annual Steam Engine Tractor Show......not nice at all Mr. Weatherman!

    I had a very sad phone call from the family who had one of our pups when I returned back home Thursday morning.  This female pup, who had adopted this wonderful family, had been hit by a car, and had not been able to recover from the injuries.  It was a very difficult phone call for the family, as well as for myself.  After we had spoken for sometime, and just before we said our goodbyes, Julie told me that she was happy they had called me, as I had made her feel much better about their loss.

    I have lost two dogs and one cat on the roadway in the past, and it can happen just that fast....you can be the "best" pet owner in the Universe, and things just "happen", as in all of life moments, whether to a loved human or pet.  Such is "life", and this is when we can find strength to continue on with our own life's in our consoling of one another. 

    There are lots of things I would like to get done today, but I will first have to get the energy together to get started.  My "Crabby Cabbie" is sleeping, Bandit and Lexus are being very quiet at the moment.   I think I will take advantage of the peace and quiet by starting my day off with a very long luxurious shower before I go any further with my day ahead, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...