Saturday 2 July 2011

Take Cover Severe Thunder Storm Watch In Effect

Wow good thing Canada Day was celebrated yesterday, as the weatherman isn't being so kind today with a Severe Thunderstorm Watch in effect in the Bruce County area, and maybe elsewhere for all I know?

Today:

Cloudy with sunny periods. Showers with thunderstorms this morning. 60 percent chance of showers late this afternoon. Risk of a severe thunderstorm this morning. Risk of a thunderstorm late this afternoon. Wind becoming southwest 20 km/h this morning. High 30. UV index 8 or very high.

Tonight:

Cloudy periods with 60 percent chance of showers this evening and risk of a thunderstorm. Clearing near midnight. Wind west 20 km/h becoming light late this evening. Low 14.


It certainly doesn't look promising that is forsure !!  Oh well, I suppose I best rush through today's blog quickly so we can run downtown to check out any garage sales that might be happening this morning before we are unable to.

Busy morning for me yesterday with the making of the Best Ever Banana Muffins.

"IKE was in the mood to celebrate Canada Day too !``


``So were my Great-Nephews, Logan & Riley, except it looks like Logan needed his nap first !``


It was nice I was able to see the boys, as well as Logan`s Mom, Stacey, and his Dad, Jay, even if it was a very `quick` visit.

Around lunch time, my niece, Joanne, her friend, Russ, and her dog, Pixi, all arrived for their weekend visit.

`Joanne doesn`t like her picture taken, so how lucky I was to sneak in this side shot`.


``....and her friend, Russ; well I told him people wouldn`t think he was such a nice guy as he was if he continued to scowl in all his pictures....lol``


``....and then there is Pixi, who didn`t mind having her picture taken one bit.  Now you would think those other two would take example of Pixi`s picture etiquette, would you not....``


We had an afternoon filled with chatting and whatnot.  Joanne and I decided to go up the road to check out a local Antique place, and Russ had taken leave with Rob somewhere, so we left Pixi tied outside.

`We returned home, and much to Joanne`s surprise she hadn`t realized what an interest Pixi had in gardening...``


I will have to get this girl a trowel for her next birthday, lol.

We all had an awesome supper of Hearty Cheese Tortellini that the slow cooker cooked for us, after I had prepared it that morning.  Joanne, Russ and I decided we would go for a much needed after dinner walk downtown to Wiarton`s Bluewater Park.

`Some exercise equipment that needed figured out.``


``Some equipment us girls had to convinced Russ that he should try it out !``


``A really cool rock with sedum planted on it.``


Once we returned home from our walk, looked after Bandit, Lexus and Pixi`s needs, had a hot beverage, it was definitely bedtime for all of us.

I have things to do and places to be today before the Thunderstorm arrives here, `Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.``

No comments:

Post a Comment

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...