Saturday 9 July 2011

Feeling Like I Have Been Hit By A "Mack" Truck.

It is very difficult to sit in front of a computer, trying to type out one's daily blog when there is tears running down one's face from not being able to stop yawning......I really need to get this under control.

I feel like I have been "hit" with a "Mack" Truck this morning.  What's up with that?  Lack of good diet, lack of exercise, lack of vitamins, lack of sleep, lack of  ????   or did I overdo something this week; did I stress out over something too much, am I feeling over emotional, is it PMS or Menopause, could it be this or could it be that????? 

LOL, we humans have tons of reasons sometimes for feeling the way we do at times, but it still doesn't take away the fact I feel like I have been "hit" with a "Mack" truck right now.  It will pass, as everything eventually does.

Rob is going to be having his second day off today in the last ten days, so I had better get this "Mack" truck rolled off of myself, stifle the yawns and pains, cause we actually might have a day all to ourselves !!!  Wow, that will be something for us !!!  I am really trying to sound excited here, but I am thinking maybe I should just go back to bed to see if that would help.......LOL.

I can't go back to bed, as that never works out too often either, as usually when I am up, I am up.

I had a "wonderful" phone call yesterday afternoon from my sister, Jeanne, (who retired to Newfoundland with her husband, Cecil, the past 25 years or so ago)  to let me know she had a phone hooked up in Cecil's hospital room.  They have been through some rough touch and go times over the course of more then a month now.  Prayers, I am sure has brought them through to this day and will for more recovery days to come.

It was so nice to be able to hear Cecil's voice, even though it was weak.  I hadn't spoken with him for so long, not since right after his first surgery, so it had been sometime......It is so difficult at times when family is so far away.  I feel so helpless at times, but there is not much else to do then provide a listening ear and support across the miles via the phone lines.

Cecil has been getting up and out of bed now for short times with a walker, just the past two days, so his strength will be building gradually day by day, hopefully towards a speedy recovery.

Thank goodness there are Long Distance packages to be had, not like years ago when it was a huge "luxury" to place a long distance call.

Yesterday I had my weekly trip North of the Checkerboard to get my allergy shot at Dr. Loney's office in Lion's Head.

"Really I do go there every Friday; see that is my car parked right out front...."



"....and it isn't just someones house, it really is his office!"


What a pain in the arse some Fridays it is to travel up there for that dang Allergy shot every week.  There are not too many weeks I have missed, as I have been most diligent about going.  Sure wish there was some way I could administer the serum myself.  I am surprised they haven't came up with that one yet?

Among a few other little minuet tasks, I also managed to get three loads of laundry out on the line, play with Bandit and Lexus a couple of times, and even prepared a new recipe for last night's supper.

Greek New Potato Skewers

If you know you'll be really short for time, plan ahead by cooking extra potatoes with supper the night before. If you can't find tiny new potatoes, quarter four larger ones. If using wooden skewers, soak them for 30 minutes first.

16 tiny new potatoes
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp chopped fresh oregano (or 1 tsp/5ml of dried)
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp salt
Pinch pepper
Pinch hot pepper flakes
2 plum tomatoes, quartered
1 sweet green pepper, cut in 16 chunks

In large pot of boiling water, cook potatoes until tender, 10 minutes; drain.

In bowl, stir together oil, oregano, garlic, and hot pepper flakes; add potatoes, tomatoes and green peppers, stirring to coat evenly.

Alternating vegetables, thread each of 4 skewers with 4 potatoes, 2 tomato wedges and 4 green pepper chunks. Cook on greased grill for 4 to 6 minutes or until potato skins are crisp, turning often and brushing with any remaining oil mixture.

Makes 4 servings.

From The Canadian Living Cooking Collection ~ Vegetables and Salads

Note:
Greek New Potato Skewers ~ I didn't have green pepper, so used orange pepper, also Grape tomatoes instead of Romano, as the grape were on sale. I was quite excited to be able to get the oregano fresh from my Herb garden. I also marinaded the vegetables for a few hours all together after the potatoes had cooled, before I threaded them on the skewers.

"IKE, my Kitchen Cat, is looking quite pleased with my creation."




"Grilled and all ready to be consumed."



Yummy, and yummy they were served alongside a BBQ'd chicken breast, and a side salad of Beefsteak mushrooms, cucumbers and grape tomatoes, drizzled with low calorie Zesty Italian dressing.

Now let me check out what my day ahead with Rob will be on the weather end of it....


Today:


Sunny. High 25. UV index 10 or very high.



Tonight:


A few clouds. Low 17.



Wow what a fantastic weather forecast.  I will take it in a heartbeat!

I think I best get up from this computer chair, get my muscles motivated, stifle the oncoming "yawn", and head out to my kitchen for another cup of Java, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard."

No comments:

Post a Comment

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...